There is so much going on, so many stories today...and already at 10am...that have brought tears to my heart, and tears running down my face.
As I think about the complaining I do and then I think about all of these heart warming, touching stories, I think what an idiot I am for complaining about the small stuff. Yes, my two teen stepdaughters get attitudes sometimes, but I know they love me and appreciate everything I do and I love them and appreciate them for letting me into their lives.
Sometimes I don't feel like cleaning, cooking, driving around to drama practice, softball games, to the mall, but they are my kids and they depend on me and I am grateful to be able to be the stepmom they love and share things with.
I never felt so strong about our bond than I did two days ago at my youngest daughter's softball practice. It was a great day for practicing outside and they needed a field practice before their first game. The ball was hit and I saw my stepdaughter's arm in the air with her glove open ready to catch it. Next thing I know, I'm screaming her name and running towards her because the ball hit her face. She was kneeling down covering her eye and we weren't sure how bad it was yet. It was pretty scary when we saw the blood running down her face and she was crying and screaming pretty hard. But we got her cleaned up, took her to the doctors and found out that she didn't need any stitches and her eye was going to be fine.
She has a minor cut on the top of her lid and swelling under her eye, which has now turned to a dark red/ purple color. But her spirits are high and she's hoping to cover it up with makeup on Friday since they will be taking her graduating pictures...heres hoping theres retakes!
Here is her poor little eye....
Ouch....
Glad you're okay sweety...we love you, your sister, and brother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

awww poor thing!!!
ReplyDeleteHope her pictures come out great! :D
poor thing, thank goodness she's ok!!! she's lucky to have such a loving family :)
ReplyDeleteAwww!! I hope she is okay. She's got a very attentive and loving Step Mom, so I am sure she'll get lots of hugs.
ReplyDeleteAwww. I hope she feels better soon! Give her a hug for me.
ReplyDeleteHow scary! I hope it heals very quickly. Eye injuries are so frightening for everyone involved. Hugs to you and to her, my dear!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, poor thing! I hope she feels better soon.
ReplyDelete***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com
Oh no! Poor thing, and just in time for pictures too?? Ah well, it's def. a memory of her as she is now. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad she didn't need stiches, poor thing. Hope the pics come out great!
ReplyDeleteAww, you are such a wonderful step mom for being so devoted :) Your kids are lucky :) Hope your daughter feels better soon and that her grad pics turn out great!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it's no consolation, but I got hit in the eye with a softball when I was younger and it actually corrected my vision. As in, it straightened out the curvature of my eye. Here's hoping for 20/20 for her, her whole life!
ReplyDelete