Anniversary & Easter...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Celebrating your Anniversary on a holiday can be pretty busy and a little crazy, this is especially true when you have three step children. We wanted to make sure we had a moment to ourselves to celebrate our anniversary, so the night before Easter we went out to dinner and had the perfect night together! Everything just came together so nicely. We dressed up, took some pictures, went to eat at Toscana 52 where we had the perfect meal, drinks, and the sweetest waitress, then we went for a walk through New Hope, and after came home to watch Eat, Pray, Love. The movie was really wonderful and done with respect to the book and Elizabeth Gilbert's life, Julia Roberts did a beautiful job, love her!

So on Easter, our actual anniversary, we had Easter baskets for the kids, went for a bike ride, had a little egg hunt (filled with money!), ate a very tasty ham dinner, and cut into our wedding cake for good luck! I was very thankful for our time together the night before and wasn't worried about running around and doing so many things on our anniversary because this is our life, our family, and this is why I'm so loved and blessed.

Will you or have you celebrated an anniversary on a holiday?


(A Perfect Anniversary)


(One Year Later!)



(Our Wedding Cake Top!)


(This is after a busy, Easter day!)



(Happy Easter!)


PS...should have said how the cake tasted! It actually wasn't too bad a year later! It wasn't the same as our wedding day, but it was better than expected! There was still half of it left so we just tossed it, it was weird departing with it!

13 comments:

  1. gorgeous pics and such a lovely couple you both make:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everything was perfect for you!! I enjoyed the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm so glad you had a fun time, Diana, though I can imagine it being busy with the holiday. Our anniversary is June 4, so it shouldn't ever fall on a holiday, but since Memorial Day weekend is right around that time, it will hopefully give us a chance to celebrate! Did the cake taste good a year later?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - we got married on Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a great anniversary//holiday weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day for you. And I was about to ask how the cake was but then saw you wrote about it at the end. Glad it was better than expected!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Ours is the week after Halloween, so we've considered having a Halloween/anniversary party or trip one year. We spent our first anniversary in Vegas, so our second one will be more lowkey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you two are just so sweet. happy anniversary!! how'd the cake taste?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had a perfect anniversary! All these pictures are so cute :)
    I have a friend who has an anniversary on new year's eve. I guess that's not really a holiday, but usually people have plans with friends or going to parties, so I thought that was an interesting date. A major holiday would be nice though because you can have some alone time and spend time together with all your loved ones too!
    I hope you have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just realized I said it on FB but not here -- HAPPY ANNIV!! :) Glad your cake tasted great. Friends of ours said theirs was so gross that we decided to just buy a small cake similar to ours for our 1st anniv. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your anniversary sounded wonderful! Congratulations, here's to many more happy years ahead!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS