Non-DIY Bride

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We have seen so many DIY wedding blogs and posts and we just fall in love with their creative skills and want to replicate the same projects for our own wedding. I remember seeing all of the beautiful card boxes and really wanting to make my own but wasn't sure I could pull it off. We did make a really nice card box, but it in no way looks like the three tiered, repainted, or recovered, stunning boxes I had seen! But it was our card box that we actually made together and that's what matter. But I do have to say I am mostly a NON-DIY bride. DIY projects can save money and it helps when you have family and friends to help you out. But I really didn't have too many people I wanted to ask and my MOH lived about 2 hours from me and was taking care of her 2 year old daughter while her husband was in Iraq. I really thought about DIY centerpieces but was so happy we ended up going with a florist! The only other project I put together was our invitations that I printed on our computer. The DIY kit from Michaels was really great, but it was the biggest stressful moment I had during our planning process and if we had to do it again I would buy our invitations from someone who would make them in full!

What were some of your NON-DIY bridal moments and some of your DIY projects you failed on?

Check out Wedding.Allwomenstalk. for some Etsy items that might be easier to buy for the NON-DIY bride!

(Our Card Box!)

We got lucky with this box because it was already beautiful and had the same flowers as our wedding!

6 comments:

  1. We went DIY on things like invitations, escort cards, programs and other stationery items, but when it came to larger aspects like flowers and decor, we left it to the pros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather eat my own arm than attempt any DIY project. I am a FAILbride, but at least I have no problem pulling out that credit card to pay crafty people to help me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think non-diy is totally an ok option. you have to do what you want anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make DIY wedding invitation cards and some of the second dance hall decoration :).

    I was about the fun to be together and do thing together with our family :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the DIY invitations at Target. I thought they were very pretty and I loved the letterpress look, but then I ended up returning them. I am still glad I did. It sounds easy, but there was a part of me that thought it might be a bigger project than it seemed like it would be!
    I hope you have a special weekend and if you do anything for Valentine's Day, I hope you have a wonderful time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! have a lovely weekend!

    xoxo
    www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com
    Check out my blog and stay tuned to my daily updates!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS