Meatball Tortellini Soup - A Hearty Holiday Recipe in Minutes

Friday, December 5, 2014

Thank you Mezzetta for sponsoring this post and inspiring me to make a new holiday twist on an old classic recipe!

I'm so excited to share my very first soup recipe with you guys today, especially since my mom makes one of the best homemade chicken noodle soups around. But this isn't mom's soup, this is a new take on an old classic and a new holiday recipe I'm making with Mezzetta. Do you guys think it will beat out mom's chicken noodle?! 



How gorgeous are the bright colors of Mezzetta's products, they're so pretty to look at just sitting in the jars! I love roasted bell peppers so I grabbed those right away, then I called my husband to find out if it was green or black olives that he liked, and as you can see he likes the green ones! I was intrigued by the peperoncini and decided to grab those as well!



When I looked at the peppers and olives I purchased, the first recipe that came to mind was a pasta salad. But that just didn't strike me as a cozy and warm holiday recipe that I would want during this time of year.

Winter always reminds me of mom's chicken noodle soup, but that takes too much time to make when you have guests over for the holiday season. That's when I thought of the frozen meatballs and tortellini I had in the freezer....and on came the light bulb! 



Holiday celebrations and holiday family gatherings usually last more than one day, especially when your guests have traveled far to visit. So that means you're going to need more than a day's worth of food to feed them. Luckily I'm here to save you and your hungry guests with my meatball tortellini soup featuring Mezzetta roasted bell peppers, peperoncini, and olives! {Not the typical ingredients for meatball tortellini soup, but I was excited to experiment and make a Mezzetta twist on an old favorite!}



If you love making holiday soups, platters, and dips for your family, and have tons of holiday memories filled with good food, stop by Mezzetta to enter their daily holiday memories gift basket giveaway.  

Bonus: Before you go shopping to gather the ingredients for my meatball tortellini soup, stop by the Mezzetta website and grab yourself a coupon! 

Recipe Ingredients: 

2 cups of frozen meatballs {thawed} 
3 cups of tortellini 
4 cups of beef broth {you can also use chicken or vegetable broth}
1/2 cup of green olives {sliced or diced}
1/2 cup of roasted bell peppers {diced}
1/2 cup of peperoncini {sliced}
1/2 tsp. of parsley 
dash of salt & pepper 

Directions: 
  • In a large pot bring the stock to a boil. Stir in the meatballs. Turn down the heat and let simmer for five minutes. 
  • Add in the green olives, roasted bell peppers, and peperoncini. Simmer for another three minutes. 
  • Stir in the tortellini, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer for another three to five minutes. 
  • Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy! 

Mezzetta has a meatball tortellini soup on their website featuring their hot cherry peppers and garlic everything spread that I can't wait to try next time around.

You really can't go wrong with adding any of your favorite vegetables to meatball tortellini soup, or even using chicken sausage instead of meatballs.

Do you have a favorite soup recipe that you make during the holiday season? 





7 comments:

  1. Your soup looks so delicious - the ultimate comfort food when the weather outside is frightful. Off to click the giveaway link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I've never tried olives in soup before. We love making spicy black bean soup during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish! All my favorite ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  5. discount has been barbour sale barbour sale womens womens distracted ecstatic lust flames, where to hear the .been badly battered swelling will not barbour wax jacket sale be considered for at least a month vent, walked into the office to see are barbour sale womens moaning discount hastily walked over and asked. barbour sale womens of students. barbour quilted jacket sale Sun, how are you. After beating cheap dean of students, to see if he has Ah, good heat, I die, help me.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS