Everyone has a favorite Christmas cookie recipe; gingerbread, pretzel hugs, peanut butter blossoms, peppermint sandwich cookies, which I made last year thanks to an amazing recipe from I Heart Naptime, and many more!
This year I have a new favorite: Snickerdoodle! I was searching our recipe box for a new cookie to make when I found this one from Food.com that my stepdaughter printed out a few months ago.
This year I have a new favorite: Snickerdoodle! I was searching our recipe box for a new cookie to make when I found this one from Food.com that my stepdaughter printed out a few months ago.
When she made them I didn't really see the entire baking process, but after finally putting the recipe together myself, I not only had fun eating them but loved making them as well!
If your kids love making holiday cookies with mom and dad, this is one they will really enjoy putting together.
The best part about these cookies is making them into little balls to roll around in the cinnamon and sugar mix. What kid wouldn't love that?!
My all time favorite cookie, no matter what time of year it is, is chocolate chip. However, the snickerdoodle is coming in a very close second. Do you think it could beat out the chocolate chip and come in first place?!
I'm almost set for Christmas Day, just a few more gifts to get and a few to make! How about you?
Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter {softened}
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar {for sugar/cinnamon mixture}
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix softened butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of sugar and 3 teaspoons of cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Scoop about 1 inches of dough together and gently roll them into balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the sugar mixture and gently coat them.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe modified from Foods.com
I hope you enjoy making these with your family this holiday season. I would love to hear what other favorite cookie recipes you make, leave a comment below!
Thanks for stopping by.






They look delicious:) I so want to make them now. Hope you are having a lovely week so far, sweetie.
ReplyDeleteYum! I love these, too, and they're perfect for the holidays. Bring on Christmas! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteray ban sunglasses sale australia Mother cheap ray ban sunglasses australia could not bear his own exertion, filial child always appreciate their parents toil. cheap already grabbed her hand, unable to utter a word, ray ban aviator sunglasses sale honestly followed cheap out ray ban sunglasses sale australia of the night market. Blue Mother said wiping the sweat quickly sold out, ray ban sunglasses outlet australia I went home for a while, you go around it. Want to ray ban sunglasses sale australia say anything.
ReplyDelete