Who doesn't love getting a box full of mystery craft products in the mail...#happymail?!
When I received Krylon's Mini Mystery Box I couldn't wait to open it up to see what was inside and get started on creating something with the pieces they sent. Inside the box was a mini craft crate and adorable wooden buttons from Walnut Hollow, a strip of burlap, two pieces of white fabric, and two cans of Krylon short cuts spray paint in Antique Bronze and Bonnet Blue.
I love craft crates and was super excited to see this mini one in the mystery box. The burlap was another item I was happy to work with, but what was I to do with the two pieces of white fabric?!
I turned to Pinterest and searched for craft crate centerpiece projects and stumbled upon many creative ideas for the holidays that included mason jars and evergreen cuttings. That's when the idea of using mini bottle brush trees came to mind. How I got that from what I saw...well inspiration strikes where it strikes...right?!
It only took a few seconds to turn the white and green trees I purchased from the Dollar Tree into blue ones with Krylon's short cuts spray paint, and I couldn't be happier with the results!
I love...love...love the way the antique bronze spray paint turned the plain, yet beautiful, craft crate into well an antique masterpiece! Thank you Krylon for selecting these two gorgeous colors to send me.
As you can see I finally came up with a plan for the white fabric. Luckily I have a craft room filled with Christmas craft supplies from past holiday projects, including the scrapbook paper ornaments you see on the tree in the background!
Among my Christmas craft supplies was a pack of holiday stencils that included a snowflake, and that's when I knew my Frozen inspired Christmas centerpiece was really going to come together. You can't call it Frozen without snowflakes! Oh, and the reindeer...I do wish I had a snowman though!
I also used the blue spray paint on the little heart buttons from Walnut Hollow, so cute right?! The burlap added the extra rustic element I was looking for and only took two lines of hot glue to secure. Once I came up with an idea it was easy to see how all the items in the Kyrlon Mini Mystery Box could work together.
I still felt like it needed a little something more and dug back into my Christmas craft supplies to see what I could find! I really love the way the Merry Christmas sign completes the look.
What do you think? Do you like the ornaments inside the craft crate or the bottle brush trees? Either way, you'll have yourself a Frozen inspired Christmas centerpiece that will only take about 15 minutes to put together, who doesn't love that?!
What are some holiday crafts you're working on?
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!








This is so cute! I have always wanted to do something with bottle brushes so I think you just inspired me to finally just do it. :)
ReplyDeleteLove it! The colors are definitely Frozen-esque. :)
ReplyDeleteSo creative. I could never put together something like this, but you make it look amazing. Love the colors!
ReplyDeletebarbour clearance outlet cheap way your heart what is the logic, really shit nowhere, how to make you this mens barbour jacket sale scum idiot when the dean of students. The quality barbour clearance outlet of the toilet with learning hairy relationship. Toilet learning is good or bad a relationship barbour clearance outlet then said learning not very good. What you get on a bad toilet. barbour factory shop Sound dean of students barbour clearance outlet suddenly increase, cheap is surprised. with you. Learning is not bad to spend the toilet yet.
ReplyDelete