I've seen so many retro inspired engagement shoots and weddings on blogs lately that I might just throw a retro party! I love the clothing, the hair, the red lip, and don't forget about Don Draper! I think the trend and obsession may have started before AMC's Mad Men....but now that the show is so popular and sexy, why not be inspired by Mad Men too!
Continue reading @ AllWomenStalk.com for 8 Retro Ways to have a Mad Men Inspired Wedding!
Does this girl not look like Joan Harris, who doesn't love a sexy red!
(source)
If you've already planned your wedding, why not buy this sexy dress from PinUpGirlClothing and throw a Mad Men Inspired Halloween Party!
Are you having an era theme wedding?
I'm falling in love with Retro Weddings!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
share: facebook | twitter | pinterest
Labels:
1960s wedding,
AMC,
Mad Men,
PinUpGirlClothing,
Retro,
vintage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOVE retro weddings too!!
ReplyDeletebtw: the new change in site looks great!
Aww thanks Favour Shoppe!! I love the new look too...very chic but simple! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely an awesome trend! We didn't have an era-themed wedding, but here in Virginia, I've seen some awesome colonial-style celebrations.
ReplyDeleteYou are a genius, all those ideas are great!
ReplyDeleteBiCoastal...
ReplyDeleteI bet a colonial-style bride would look so cute! I've always wanted to visit Williamsburg...but Im not to far from Center City Philadelphia...love the history!
Kristin,
AWW!!! Thank you so much and thank you for being a great blogging friend!! ♥
Oh I just love the idea of a madmen party! how fun is that... I just love mad men. Themed wedding would e so much fun... but I can't image worrying about what other people wear. Oh that would stress me out!!!
ReplyDelete:)
Thank you so so much for your nice comments about the save the dates. They were so fun to create and the blog community has been so supportive! It is really fun!
I am stopping by and following you.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog.
The dress is super cool. hope you will stop by.
Thank you ladies!
ReplyDelete@Laurel...
It would be a lot of work doing an era wedding and asking the guests to dress the part...maybe if it was just a small wedding with 30 people or so and you knew they would love to dress retro!
@ MsBabyPlan...
What a cute name for your blog! Thanks for following mine! I know I love these pinup girl dresses too! :)
Ohmigosh I would want to have a 1920s-themed wedding - that would be so much fun. I want to be Daisy Buchanan!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I am DYING over your new layout!! Cutest. Thing. EVER!! :)
I LOVE Joan on Mad Men (and Mad Men in general).
ReplyDeleteWe didn't have an era-themed wedding, but my dress was Victorian-inspired and made me feel like I jumped out of a Jane Austen novel.