Happy Monday! Are you planning fun activities for Valentine's Day yet? Maybe a special date night without the kids?
The day of love tends to put a lot of pressure on the guys, but it really shouldn't be all about us ladies. They deserve just as much love on Valentine's Day as we do and we all know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! So, I did a little searching on Pinterest and found a few fun heart-shaped treats for your Valentine that won't disappoint.
1. Raspberry Moscato Cocktail
{source}
So this drink may be a little more fruity than most guys like, but the idea here is to make the heart shaped ice cubes for his favorite cocktail. I think this recipe from Create Celebrate Explore looks amazing, and who knows your guy might like it too!
2. Heart Shaped Cake
{source}
No need to rush to the store for a heart shaped baking pan the night before Valentine's Day! I love this trick and may even test it out using red velvet cake mix. It's a fun idea for Valentine's Day and for your sweetheart's birthday as well!
3. Peek-a-boo Pound Cake
{source}
How adorable are these peek-a-boo hearts? I wonder is this would also work with banana bread, one of my guy's favorites!
4. Marble Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
{source}
These marble red velvet cheesecake brownie hearts from The Novice Chef look more like art than food! Either way, I bet they taste just as amazing as they look.
5. Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
{source}
My husband is always making breakfast for me; pancakes, waffles, bacon and eggs...okay now I'm hungry for breakfast food! This Valentine's Day I really should return the favor and make him these heart shaped pancakes. You can use a mold like Gina from Skinnytaste did or use a squeeze bottle to squirt the pancake mix into a heart shape onto the pan.
Would any of these recipe ideas satisfy your guy on Valentine's Day? What are you planning for the big day of love?
Wait, don't leave just yet, I have a fun Valentine's Day print for you...
Have you heard of PicMonkey? It's a Photo editor website where you can crop, write text, and create different effects on your images. But that's not all, you can also create your own fun print...
I made this one for us, but made a blank one for you to fill out with your own initials or whatever you'd like; your kids' names, the word love or forever n always, the choice is yours!
Just right click, save as and then open it up in PicMonkey and select text. There are tons of font options too, I used ecuyer dax font.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!










These eats are all super cute! I love the print, too. Valentine's Day is so much fun!
ReplyDeleteLove these ideas! Yumm!!
ReplyDeleteLove the peekaboo pound cake and seriously anything red velvet has my heart (and stomach!) Great post
ReplyDeleteFun idea! I love Valentines Day treats!
ReplyDelete