Painting My Arrow: What Color?!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Help, I'm still stuck on what color to choose for my arrow! Last Friday I went to Home Depot and just stared at the spray paint colors...why are there so many shades of blue?! As I picked up can after can to compare the shades my husband gave me a look of "Just Pick a Color Already!"


Well, I didn't exactly pick a color yet!!! You see, I really wanted the Rust-Oleum® "Seaside", but unfortunately it was only available in a gloss finish. I'm not really going for a glossy look here. 

What's a girl to do? Why, she gets a back up color of coarse! If the seaside gloss finish doesn't work, I will spray over it in the Rust-Oleum® "Lagoon" satin finish. It's a bit darker than I want, but it was the only shade of "turquoise" that came in a satin finish. 

Although, a thought just popped in my head that I can sand down the glossy look of the seaside! But. will it still give me the pop of color I'm going for after I sand it down? I guess I'll have to test that theory out! 

Like my cousin would say, "It's an adventure!" Thanks for stopping by today, have a great day! 

5 comments:

  1. I think either color will look lovely! I love turquoise-esque shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it done yet? Is it done yet? I can't wait to see how this turns out! xxoo
    Tairalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana,
    I was thinking sanding would work but what about a spray sand, spray sand effect? That paint cover really quickly. I would guess you could paint at least 4 or more signs with what you have there. The pin button is great too.
    Happy Creating,
    Karen Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very amazing post and inspiring blog! Keep up the great work, I'm a fan! :) XO

    www.officialzalona.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS