Happy Monday, how is your 2015 going so far? Ours has been a little busy with my step-daughter's move, which is why I haven't had too many new posts. She is starting to get things in order now and has most of her boxes unpacked. She also purchased a few kitchen items she needed and a few furniture pieces.
So now that those crazy two weeks are over, it's time to get back to blogging more! From a chair makeover to homemade turkey noodle soup, that's why I named my blog The World Around Her!
Look at all that yummy goodness! {Note: I had my husband's help with this shot so I could show off all the tasty ingredients!} Not sure if I've actually mentioned his name before or just use husband, hubby, or the hubs all the time! However, Mike {my hubby} was the one who made this recipe so I have to make sure to give him full credit on that part!
For Christmas we hosted a turkey dinner and he came up with the idea to save the carcass for homemade turkey noodle soup! It doesn't need to be a holiday to have turkey, but you may want to have family and friends over to help you eat. You'll need to purchase a 15 to 20 pound bird so you have enough meat left on the carcass for your leftover turkey soup! Or you could always purchase sliced fresh turkey from the butcher and use chicken or vegetable broth.
Okay enough from me, on to the recipe...
Soup Ingredients:
- 5 qt Stock Pot
- 4-5 qts of water
- Leftover Turkey Carcass from 15 to 20 lb turkey
- 12 oz bag Egg Noodles {We used No Yolks® extra broad}
- 3 large carrots {diced}
- 3 Celery Sticks {diced}
- 3 large Potatoes {diced}
- 1 Large Onion {chopped}
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay® seasoning
Directions:
- Add 3 quarts of water to a stock pot.
- Boil turkey carcass until all of the meat falls off, leaving the cartilage on. Add water as needed while boiling to keep the carcass submurged.
- Reduce heat to medium. Remove the carcass and strain any remaining bones from your broth.
- Add a quart of water if need then add in diced carrots, celery, potatoes, and onion. Stir and cook on medium high for 10 mins.
- Add egg noodles and spices, and cook for another 10-12 mins until noodles are tender. Stirring occasionally.
- Dish out soup and enjoy!
I was really excited to taste this soup. I loved how the trukey carcass, vegetables, and spices turned the boiling water into a savory broth. No need to purchase broth from the store when you can make your own!
Luckily we haven't had too many snow storms just yet {this time last year we already had three or four big ones}, however the temperatures and wind chills have been pretty dangerous. This soup was so nice to have during those chilly nights, and hopefully my husband will be making it again as the season has only begun!
I hope you're staying warm. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!




Ohhh! That looks amazing! I may need to make it today. It is such a dreary day!
ReplyDeleteLooks tasty! I love soup during this time of the year.
ReplyDeleteThis looks phenomenal. I seriously need to make it and I'll definitely be spotlighting it when I finally pull my soup post together. YUM.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing the recipe in your round up, my husband will be thrilled!
Delete