DIY Arrow Decor Ideas { My New Obsession}

Friday, January 16, 2015

Move over owls....there's a new obsession in town... the arrow!


I mean, how could you not love arrows, especially when your husband turns a few pieces of scrap wood into something you have been dreaming about?! {With the help of your step-daughter's awesome artwork!}


The obsession is all Beckie from Infarrantly Creative's fault! She posted an awesome scrap wood arrow on her Instagram and I immediately developed a crush! 

So I took to Pinterest and searched like a mad woman for more arrow inspiration and found these beauties...





I just love the variety of DIY arrow decor ideas, from little Valentine's Day arrows that would look adorable in a nursery, to Southwest inspired arrow banners, and my favorite... pallet wood arrows! 




I shared Beckie's scrap wood arrow on my Facebook page and my friend Stacy said she had tons of scrap wood that was up for grabs. So after I found these ideas on Pinterest I shared the wooden arrows from Polka Dot Poplars with my husband. I told him they could be my Christmas gifts, of course he was on board...no need to go shopping during the busiest season of the year, yes please! 

When he started on the first one, the arrow jewelry hanger, he asked me a few questions about the design and color, but after that it became a secret project that I wasn't allowed to see until Christmas Eve! 

For about two weeks he forbid me from entering the garage and then the basement after he moved everything inside! Do you know how tough it was not to take a peek?! 

Then on Christmas Eve we all sat together as a family and exchanged gifts. The kids went first, then Mike, and I opted to go last! I just couldn't believe my eyes; I gave him a few ideas, a few pieces of scrap wood and he designed a one of a kind piece that made my heart sing! 

I love that he made his own design from the inspiration photo I shared with him, plus he came up with the jewelry hanger idea all on his own! This guy...he is all mine ladies! 


Last week he completed a second arrow for me, isn't she lovely?! I need your help though....paint or stain her? On Instagram a friend suggested turquoise, which I think would look awesome in my office next to the mint shelf. 


Since this post is already a little wordy I'll leave the tutorials for the next time! 


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. It is so sweet that he made you such an amazing, personal gift! I love all the pretty design inspiration, too, especially the Valentine arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Arrows are my new favorite. I want arrows for my living room and hallway. I love them!! Can't wait for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so obsessed with them!! Thanks for stopping by Whitney! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for featuring us! Hugs from Polka Dot Poplars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, so happy to share where my inspiration came from!

      Delete
    2. Aww, so happy to share where my inspiration came from!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic data. Cheers pertaining to supplying us all this type of helpful data. Keep up the nice work in addition to keep on supplying us all far more high quality data every once in awhile.Decoration

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS