Getting Back to Confident

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How is everyone's week going? Well, for me it's been pretty busy around here, but no more excuses as to why I'm not fit and healthy ladies! I need to do this for myself and doing it for you is the only way to really stay motivated. You can't compare yourself to someone else, you can't do it for some guy you are trying to impress, and you can't do it because you are jealous of your sister! Ladies, get fit and get healthy FOR YOURSELF! No more, "I don't have time", "I'm too busy", or "Healthy food is too expensive".....there are work out videos out there for 30 mins, 15 mins, etc. and look for coupons and stop ordering pizza to save your money for fruit! Don't push yourself too hard, start off slow and easy. There is no rush to the finish line, this is a life long goal, a way of living every day. There is no magical "diet" that will get you healthy and fit in 2 weeks, you have to stay healthy and fit every day, not just for bikini season. 

Plus, don't punish yourself if you do have a slice of pizza or a piece of chocolate. Also, don't ban yourself from eating foods you love, don't do a no carbs if you really love bread (totally me!). A diet is not a fad, your diet is what you eat, they are the foods and drinks you consume on a daily basis. Yes, you can change your diet to something that is more low in sugar, or add more fruits and veggies to your diet. But it is not something that you go on to instantly become a super model overnight. That is unrealistic. 

So, I know that it's not going to happen over night and I am not setting a goal like I did for my 30th birthday, which I was very happy to be under 200 for that! But now at age 31 (only a year later) I am over my goal weight and I am a little upset, I told myself I would never go back over 200. Like I said above, I'm not punishing myself, but more pushing myself back into it. Last year we were doing really well, eating salads, not too much junk food in the house, and working out or walking at least 3 times a week. We are still doing OK, but we need to get rid of the junk food and start moving more again.


When I look at the upper two photos from Winter 2012 and Spring 2013, I see a me who was happier because clothes were fitting better, and it was fun to go shopping. Then when I look at the photos at the bottom, esp. the one to the left (where I'm wearing the same top from Spring 2013) I see a me who is hiding behind a scarf because the top is too tight and I was uncomfortable in it. It's not really about what I look like, but more about how I feel. I know that top fit me better a year before and I know that I felt more confident in it. So my goal is to get back to confident, get back to not feeling uncomfortable in my clothes. Ladies, let's not set a goal weight, you are not the number on the scale. You are the way you feel, and I want to feel confident again. 

Thanks for stopping by, come back tomorrow for my Five Things link up with Little Miss Mama, who also inspired this post because she put herself out there on her blog today too! 



1 comment:

  1. I can relate, Diana. I've let myself lapse back into old habits throughout the past year, and I'm over my goal weight and uncomfortable in my clothes, too. I really need to find a routine that works for me and a happy weight that is healthy and not too low to maintain. Being at home, I feel like I have no excuse, but I am less active than when I worked in an office and had co-workers to go for walks with. I like it when Stephen and I can work out together, because if I don't have a buddy, I usually won't push myself to do it.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS