Easter Mason Jar DIY

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Yes, I finally put my empty mason jars to good use this weekend! I had so much fun putting this DIY project together for my step-kids and was so thrilled that they loved them as much as I did. Now that they are teens and in those college age years, I wanted to do something that wasn't too childish for them. I give you my Easter Mason Jar DIY...






We didn't dye eggs this year, but I still wanted to make Easter a special day for everyone (although my husband was sick and I was getting over a cold), plus who doesn't like to feel special right?!

The tags are from I Heart Nap Time, I printed them on stock paper, cut them out, punched a hole, and tied them around the mason jars with Baker's Twine from Stampin' Up!, my best friend Becky is a consultant for them...I love their stuff.

The Easter Jar idea came from a tweet I saw about Nest Full of New's DIY, but I must have been so mesmerized by the chocolate bunny that I didn't notice the fabric and twine idea until I saw it on The 36th Avenue, don't you just love the fabric she used! 

I may have put this mason jar DIY idea together for Easter, but it works for Mother's Day, birthdays, and even Christmas. Stop by your local thrift or antique store, where I found the larger jars, print out tags from I Heart Nap Time or The 36th Avenue, place a gift inside, and you are ready to go! Looking for even more Easter Mason Jar DIY ideas, A Night Owl Blog has a great round up, which is where I originally found the link for the tags. 

I hope you had a wonderful Easter holiday with your family, or Passover. Thanks for stopping by...have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. These came out so great, Diana! Definitely a fun idea for any holiday!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS