Five Things

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I talked about starting a five things post series before, but it never really turned into a series! More like a one and done kind of thing. So, let's kick it off into a series, shall we?! Plus, I would love to start a link up party if you would like to join in with five things that are on your mind, so feel free to write a post and join in! My girl Tairalyn from Little Miss Mama inspired my first five things post, so hopefully she will join in on the fun with us! I was also inspired by my friend Steph at The Vintage Modern Wife who started her own Happies and Crappies link up party!





First Some Details on the Five Things Link Up Party:


1. Five Things link up is posted every Thursday at Midnight EST. You can share any five things that is on your mind right now. Whether it's something you are obsessing with on Pinterest, a new and exciting event going on in your life, or even sharing five of your favorite books, it's up to you!
2. Please put the Five Things button on your post for the link up.
3. Please follow your host. It’s not  mandatory, but we appreciate the love.
4. If you tweet about your post or Instagram it, feel free to tag me and use the hashtag, #FiveThingsParty
5. Check out the other bloggers who have linked up and show them some love too!
Shall we get started...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Right now I am obsessing over these gorgeous DIY potting benches I'm seeing all over Pinterest, like this one from HGTV Gardens...


I really don't have a need for one, but they are just so adorable! I especially love the mint color of the dresser part on this one. Potting Benches can be repurposed from so many different furniture items. See an old cabinet in the thrift store that could use a little love, give it a new life as a potting bench! 

2. I saw a post on Brit & Co. with the title, "Are Tin Cans the New Mason Jar?" Well, I think so because I am seeing so many different ideas for repurposing them. I for one want to spray paint them copper like blogger Amy did...



Aren't they gorgeous! My friend Katie over at Busy Bee Kate recently repurposed tin cans as well, she made hers into a wind chime. So many ideas, so little time!

3. I've been itching for a new tattoo lately. Right now I have four of them and I already have in mind what I want for my next one. My sisters and I are supposed to get one together as well. We had a design, but I think it included too many trendy tattoo ideas that are going around right now. It had the infinity symbol in it and those flying birds. I want all of my tattoos to be unique and original, so perhaps my younger sister can come up with a drawing of something different. 

4. I need a vacation, but July is still so far away! It just feels like it's been ages since I had a break from everything. I am picturing the beach right now, warm clear blue water, and silence, oh and no cell phone or internet! 

5. I worked out on the treadmill three times this week, but I still feel like I am snacking too much. What can I say, I love food! 

Well, those are my five things....what's going on in your world this week? Thanks for stopping by and linking up!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my those copper planters are TOO cute! I need to find the time to try them out some time!
    Sigh, I need and want to get back on the gym routine but am still recovering post baby. It will be great to be back on the elliptical!
    Thanks for stopping by the blog and I hope you get to make the delicious Guinness chocolate cake soon!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and can't wait to join in next week! I also need to work on curtailing my snacking and portion control with food. Way to go for working out, though! I've been slacking again. Sigh... And yeah, you totally need to treat yourself to a mini vacation or staycation, girl. You have been doing so much and working your butt off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those tin can herbs so much and I am so ready for a vaction too, darling. Have a beautiful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS