The finished look of my DIY wooden arrow wall art is finally here!! It only took a month or so...no biggie!
My friend and hair stylist had a box of scrap wood she shared with us and after consulting my DIY Pinterest board , I found a few ideas I knew my husband and I could tackle!
{source}
The inspiration for my DIY arrow wall art started with these gorgeous arrows from Polka Dot Poplars, where you can find the tutorial on how to put this project together.
I just love the gold accents, I'm glad I pushed myself to try something different! The Rust-Oleum® "Lagoon" satin finish is showing a little bluer in the photos than it looks in person, it actually has a richer tone and less of an aqua color than these photos are showing.
Something I wasn't in love with was how "new" and shiny my DIY arrow looked, but thanks to videos and posts from my boss Monica of East Coast Creative, I knew that using sandpaper {We had 3M 100 grit on hand} would help give it a more "rustic" look.
The pops of gold still give the arrow a fun look, but now it's more muted and toned down a bit with a rustic finish.
What do you think? Would you have kept the arrow looking shiny and new or do you like the rustic look better?
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to pin and share with your friends!
Linking up with AKA Designs for the Weekend Retreat, The SITS Girls link up party, You're Gonna Love It link party and the Create and Share party!







I love the colors and the way it turned out! Great job!
ReplyDelete