I bought a can of Pumpkin puree a month ago and had been searching high and low for the perfect recipe to use to make something special for my Pumpkin Craft Night. Did I want to make pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, or something else? When it finally came time to make a treat for the craft night I wasn't up to making something with too many ingredients or steps. Luckily that's when I stumbled upon Desiree's three ingredient pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe on The 36th Avenue!
Three ingredients, I can handle that...right?! Well, I actually used five ingredients, two are optional as you'll read below. Are you ready for these amazing, delicious, I want to eat the entire batch in one sitting, cookies?!
I bet you are trying not to lick the computer screen right now, aren't you?!
Pictured with the pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies are the three main ingredients that Desiree mentioned on her recipe post. I included her one optional ingredient, brown sugar, but also added a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice to the batter as well.
I figured the pumpkin pie spice would add a bit more pumpkin taste to the mix, plus I hadn't used it in a recipe yet and wanted to test it out! These cookies were so easy to make and would be a great recipe to introduce to your kids when they start to get interested in helping mom out in the kitchen.
Ingredients:
- 1 box of Spice Cake
- 1 large can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
Optional
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine the spice cake mix (no eggs, water or oil needed) and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Using a table spoon place the batter on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes depending on your particular oven.
The cookies are a bit softer than your average chocolate chip cookie, but should be firm.
I hope you enjoy making and eating these cookies as much as I did. They were a big hit during the pumpkin craft night, which I will have more details and photos from on the blog tomorrow so stop back.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!




Great recipe idea! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I am so making those cookies. They look so scrumptious, darling. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete