#IAmBraveandBeautiful

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

We all have those days when we just don't feel brave and beautiful. We don't feel like getting out of bed, showering, doing our hair, and putting ourselves together.  There are days when I think, "Heck I work from home and don't need to go any where today, why should I bother!" However, those are the days when I feel less energized and less motivated. So, why bother? Because it makes me feel good inside. It doesn't matter if no one else knows that I'm having a great hair day or can see the awesome new color I painted my nails, I can see it. I'm doing this for my soul, because if I can't make myself happy, no one else ever will. When you start your day off right and have a happy heart you can accomplish and conquer anything. 

Today I am putting myself out there thanks to blogger Megan at Brassy Apple and 101+ other bloggers who shared their #IAmBraveandBeautiful story. Megan was inspired by Colbie Caillat's new song and video Try....



Colbie and the women in her video take their makeup off, let their hair down and show us who they are beyond what everyone sees every day. 

These women are being Brave and Beautiful and that's what Megan, and her friend Cobi of Peace from 6 Pieces want every woman to feel, makeup or not. So together with a few other bloggers and with the help of Robbins Creative they created this beautiful and inspiring video to keep Colbie's message and movement going....




A lyric and powerful message from Colbie Caillat's Try:

 "Take your make-up off. Let your hair down. Take a breath. Look into the mirror, at yourself. Don't you like you? Cause I like you..."

I didn't always like myself, because others didn't like me. 



I was never trendy and wore clothes that no other kid or teen would be caught wearing to school. I was taller than everyone in my class, and even a few of my teachers. My deep voice makes me sound like a man, and more often than not I was overweight. These are the insecurities I carry with me because other kids and teens didn't like these things about me. 

It wasn't until I met my husband that I finally started to believe someone could love me for me. I actually thought I would end up a scary cat lady! Yes, I knew my parents loved me, but the hurt and pain was already there and will always be there. However, I have come to learn that it's not about how someone else feels about me and whether or not someone else likes me, it's about who I see when I look in the mirror. 

Do I like me?



My wedding day was probably one of the few days where I actually wore makeup on my entire face. But it wasn't about the makeup, it was about me loving myself makeup or not. It was also about the man I met who loved everything about me and wanted me to love everything about me too. 

Give yourself the power to be brave and beautiful, don't give that power to someone else. Stand up for yourself and be kind to others. This movement is not only about how we see ourselves, but how we see others as well. There are too many young girls and women out there who hate on each other and bully because they have their own insecurities. But it's time to let it go, it's time to inspire one another and reach out to the women who don't feel brave and beautiful. 

Join the movement and help us inspire the world...


#IAmBraveandBeautiful makeup or not. 

3 comments:

  1. beautiful post!!! thank you for joining in and keeping it going! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful post, Diana, and I love that you shared it. You are truly one of the most beautiful people I know, inside and out. You inspire me to love myself more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you for your kind heart, good soul, and how you care for others. Keep on smiling :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS