Has Mother's Day come and gone already? I feel like it was just yesterday that I signed up and registered to walk in the Mother's Day Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Philadelphia, and now it's already over.
I have to say, this year I was more excited for the walk because I was wearing my Atutudes tutu, okay so I was excited and a little nervous! I'm 6 ft tall and already stand out in the crowd, so I didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to myself and have people laughing at this giant woman in a tutu, yep I worry about things like this! My sister was wearing a little tutu she bought on Amazon, so that helped calm my nerves a bit.
When you get close to Center City near the walk you have to park a few blocks away because of the streets that are blocked off for the event. It's an amazing experience right from the moment you get out of your car; there is a sea of pink surrounding you and walking with you down the streets of Philly towards the Art Museum...it's an incredible event I recommend all to experience at least once.
When we got out of the car and started walking towards the event we received compliments from others who were walking in the 5K telling us how fabulous we looked! That right there is one of the reasons I love this event, we're all in this together supporting the survivors, the loved ones who loss someone, and those still fighting. All my nerves went out the window as soon as I heard that compliment, I felt like I was in this event with the crowd and no longer standing out as a giant woman wearing a tutu!
Oh and the good vibes didn't stop there! I was standing by the information center waiting for my sister to get back from the registration tent and my mom to get back from finding the food tent and was asked to take a photo for a group of women. I handed the phone back to one of the ladies after taking their picture and she said, "Thank you, you are so adorable!", well if that didn't make my day...who knew I could look adorable!
Plus, both CBS local meteorologist Kathy Orr and CBS local medical reporter Stephanie Stahl loved my tutu as well and couldn't get over how cute it was....
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is more than a 5k walk and run, it's a community standing together to find a cure, to fight for each other, and stand tall against cancer.
So thankful to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom and sister while raising awareness.
How amazing are these two ladies, so much inspiration in this photo! I hope to keep up the tradition of participating in this walk with my sister when we're their age!
Every year I will walk and raise money in honor of my good friend Cindy, we love you and miss you dearly. Thank you to everyone who helped me raise $123.00, next year I hope to reach my goal of $250 or even more! PS, there is still time to donate!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you all enjoyed a beautiful Mother's Day!






You definitely looked super cute in your tutu, Diana, and it's so awesome that you got out there and did this. That picture of the two ladies walking is so inspiring and special. <3
ReplyDeleteThis post is so amazing and you looked adorable in your tutu, lovely. xoxo
ReplyDelete