Heavy Heart

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So I was supposed to show you my little owl buddy, but not everything in life is scheduled or goes as planned. 

The blogging world is pretty big and when you get to know bloggers you get to know designers, bakers, chefs, magazine editors, wedding photographers and planners, etc. 

Today on my Instagram news feed I spotted this photo posted by blogger and jewelry designer Lisa Leonard...



I'm not sure what stopped me, but when I read the note attached to the photo on Lisa's Instagram, my heart just sunk. You see, this adorable little boy tragically lost his life last week and as soon as I read those words and continued to see his photo in my news feed I knew I had to share his story. 

We may not always be able to help out by purchasing an item that benefits a charity or a cause, but we can spread love, share the story for others who may be able to donate, or just share the story so others can appreciate what they have a little bit more. 

Life may not always be perfect, sometimes it gets a little crazy, and sometimes you're not sure if you are doing the right thing as a parent, step-parent, or guardian. But, one thing I know for sure that is always right, even in the middle of the chaos, is showing your kids, step-kids, grand-kids, etc. how much you love them. Kids just want to know that there is someone out there who is in their corner rooting for them, loving them, and appreciating everything they do. No matter how old your children get, they just want to be loved. We all just want to be loved. 

The necklace is by Lisa Leonard Designs for Ryan and the proceeds will go to his family. His mom Jacqui is a recipe blogger at Baby Boy Bakery and my heart is heavy and is breaking for her, her husband, their family, and friends. May they find peace and comfort in the love that surrounds them. 

Also, if you would like to learn a little more about what is going on, go to Alissa Circle's blog Diary of An Addict and follow the hashtag #redballoonsforryan on Instagram. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so saddened by this family's loss and will be keeping them in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS