My husband joked around that he wanted chocolate and flowers for our anniversary, well I just had to deliver his request, right?! Joke, or no joke I had a really fun time putting this last minute idea together for him and was really proud of the way my DIY project turned out.
I give you my version of the ever trending Geometric Painted Planter DIY...
So, I have a really awesome Canon Power Shot camera, however I am still learning how to take indoor photos. I have finally learned how to set up my shots for the blog using a white poster board for my backdrop, but the lighting isn't that great in my craft room/home office. For now, it is what it is!
Our Anniversary was on Thursday, April 24th and that Monday I had planned on going over to The Home Depot to pick up a flower pot for my husband that I could update with a fun little paint DIY project. Well, I didn't make it to the store until Wednesday after trying on clothes for the fashion show I was in.
By the time I got there and brought everything home, it was only about another hour or so until my husband would get home from work. So you see, I didn't have much time to prep, paint, and take photos...I was in a mad dash!
OK, back to The Home Depot! They have an amazing selection in their Garden Center, which is why I can't wait to see what Monica over at East Coast Creative shares during the Garden Party she is hosting this Saturday, May 3rd in NYC at the Flat Iron Plaza! If you can't make the party, follow along on Instagram with the hashtag #SpringMadeSimple. You really can't go wrong with buying your garden supplies there, if you're like me you might even have a difficult time choosing the one you want to take home with you, there were just so many beautiful plants to pick from!
I had previously purchased the ScotchBlue™ painters tape at Home Depot for my stenciled lamp shade and knew it would be a perfect way to free hand a geometric design onto the terra cotta flower pot. I was also inspired to free hand my design with the painters tape from the geometric tote bag my friend Busy Bee Kate made for my birthday, stop by her blog to see the tutorial for that!
When I took the first photo I realized, "Hey I better tape off the top of the pot too!".... or I would have a DIY blogger fail!
So, I just eyed where I was placing the tape and made sure the open spaces were in the shapes I was going for and started painting. This was my first time free handing a design and like I said before, I was in a mad dash to get this done before my guy got home from work...as noted by the imperfections of the paint!
However, I am pretty impressed with my little flower pot and my husband was too, which is what matters here right?! I made him something by hand, with love!
We celebrated with dinner at Bonefish Grill plus he surprised me with a bottle of my favorite wine, a box of Asher's chocolates and a new Lolita wine glass!
What are some things you love to buy or make for your significant other for your anniversary?
Thanks for stopping by today, have a great weekend!








So much fun to read more about this project, which you already know I love! What a sweet and special gift. The past couple years, we've gone out to dinner or to do something together for our anniversary. Not sure yet what we'll do this year, but hopefully something fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great project and you did so well:) Happy anniversary to you guys and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time celebrating. Muah, sweetie.
ReplyDeleteHe's a lucky guy! Everyone loves a thoughtful gift...especially when it involves chocolate!
ReplyDelete