Five Things: Birthday Celebrations, Recipes, and Being Brave!

Thursday, May 15, 2014





1. Five Things link up is posted every Thursday at Midnight EST. Share any five things that are on your mind right now. Whether it's something you are obsessing with on Pinterest, a new and exciting event going on in your life, or even sharing five of your favorite books; it's totally up to you. 

2. Please put the Five Things button on the post you're sharing for the link up; sharing is caring, the more players involved the more fun we'll have.

3. Please follow both your hosts Diana from The World Around Her and Tairalyn from Little Miss Mama via Facebook {here and here} and/or Twitter {here and here}. As it’s not mandatory it is greatly appreciated

4. If you tweet about your post or Instagram it, feel free to tag me or Tairalyn and use the hashtag, #FiveThingsParty

5. Check out the other bloggers who have linked up, show them some love and comment on at least one other bloggers link-up post.



1. Today is my husband's birthday, woo hoo! Happy Birthday to the most thoughtful, sweetest man I know. He is not just my husband, but also my best friend. We share everything with each other, honesty is what really builds a relationship, well that and unconditional love of course! Plus, he is so darn hardworking and cares about his family with all his heart. There isn't anything he wouldn't give to help someone out. Love, I hope you have the best birthday ever. XOXO

2. For my guy's birthday I wanted to make him a special dinner so I asked him what he would like and he said either baked ziti or lasagna. I had never made either of those before, but I knew I could turn to my mom for her baked ziti recipe. Well, since he had the night off, I made her awesome baked ziti recipe for him last night, and he said it was the best he ever had! Believe me, he isn't just saying that because he has to! Recipe coming soon...

3. Yummy birthday cake! Okay, so it's from a box and not actually from scratch, but I made it and he loved it...that's all that matters! My step-daughters helped me put it together, since they are baking pros and made my delicious birthday cake in March I knew it was a wise decision to utilize them as my baking assistants! We were so happy with how his cake turned out, we used lemon cake mix from Betty Crocker and Pillsbury key lime frosting, it was so good! 

4. So what does being brave have to do with birthday celebrations and recipes, you ask?! Well, I didn't write a post about it, not that I can recall, but Brave has been my word for this year. I was a little nervous about making the cake and the baked ziti for my husband, but I put my brave face on and got right into it! Also, if you'll notice...I am no longer dot blogspot... I am dot com!! I finally figured out how to put my GoDaddy domain into my blogspot account! I am pushing forward and finally getting my little blog out there...let's do this! 

5.  A good drink recipe is a must when you're celebrating, right? I have this awesome mason jar drink dispenser and I've been searching for a tasty sangria recipe to make in it, well this one from East Coast Creative looks pretty good... I can't wait to try it this weekend! If you are celebrating Memorial Day with a BBQ it would make a great addition to your menu!

So, there you have it...my five things for the week, now be sure to stop by my co-host Little Miss Mama's blog to see what's going on in her world and link up with us, we would love to read all about the five things that are on your mind right now!


5 comments:

  1. So glad your husband had a great day! The baked ziti and cake look delicious! Sangria sounds really good right now, too. I'm so excited for summer! (Hoping to get back on track with linking up again next week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Mike, he is a wonderful man and you are such a great couple :) And of course, congrats, DOT COM - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum ! Backed ziti and that cake sound awesome. Who doesnt love a good Sangria either! Good for you on the dot.com. Way too fancy for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday to the hubs! It sounds like you had an amazing celebration - with yummy food!

    Congrats on the domain babe!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mason jar drink dispenser is adorbs! And I love that brave is your word for the year. I think you've done an awesome job following it so far. Happy belated to the hubs.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS