...I knew Casie would be awesome because she just comes across so cool, open, friendly, and easy going online and that's exactly who she is in person. I on the other hand may have been a little nervous and kept fidgeting around too much! But after lunch and walking to Central Park...my first time there....I would like to think I got better control of myself! She was so nice and so great to show us around places of NYC that I've never been to. Usually when I go with my husband or my mom we see Broadway shows and stay around Times Square. But this was an amazing adventure around the city eating lunch at an Irish Pub, going to the park, taking the NYC subway for the first time, seeing the beautiful and rising Freedom Tower and 9/11 memorial, and eating Korean food in K-Town thanks to the recommendations of Big Apple Nosh!
First up was lunch at Tir Na Nog...meaning "Land of the Young"
The restaurant's decor and ambiance gave you that feeling like you were in Ireland...
My mom sat in the cool antique looking chairs!
Me and Casie!
I asked if they had Irish Coffee! I meant to ask what's in it! LOL!
Continue for more pictures...
Here we are in Central Park...
I don't want this post to become so picture heavy so this will be continued tomorrow....
PS...Where have you been to in NYC, where is your favorite place to visit while you're there?











What a fun time! Glad you enjoyed it! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a blast! Would LOVE to visit NYC one day!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome trip! It's so cool that you got to meet up with a fellow blogger and spend time with your mom. I also love walking through the park and trying fun restaurants when I'm there!
ReplyDeleteYay! Sorry I couldn't meet you (stupid rehearsal dinner) but Tir na Nog is one of my fave mid-town bars. It's better when there's nothing going on at the Garden so it's good that you went on an off night. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a great trip Diana, and I love the pic of your mom sitting in those gorgeous antique chairs!
ReplyDeleteHow fun you got to meet up with a fellow blogger! I would be nervous too!
ReplyDeleteThese are all great pictures! I love Central Park. My favorite was riding on the row boats there :)I hope to go back to NY someday to see a lot more than I was able to before...like a Broadway show!
I hope you share the scrapbooking you are working on your trip to NY! It would be fun to see!
xoxo
I LOVED meeting you, Di! And Seriously? NYC + Us = Best Day Ever! Still. Seriously. SO GLAD you & your mom didn't disown me after I put you on the wrong train, LOL! The entire day was just FANTASTIC! ♥
ReplyDeleteAwwww so awesome you two got to meet! Two of my favorite gals online! Hope to meet you both one day soon myself. =) Looks like you guys had an awesome time! xo
ReplyDeleteOh Diana I'm so glad you got to go up to NYC. I actually do a whole Eastern Seaboard crusing of cities when I go east--Philly, NYC, Boston annd DC. My fave NYC spots would have to be The Cloisters and the Guggenheim.
ReplyDeleteAwww, this is so sweet! What an adventure! I would have reacted the same as you sweetie. Meeting people from the online world can go either way. You were definitely brave! I'm glad it turned out to be a fun time for you both!
ReplyDeleteReese
http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com