Loving New York...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More good times in NYC....I really could go there every weekend and probably see something new every time! I bet people that live in the city have more to see. I still haven't tried Pizza in New York...any comments on where the best place for pizza is? There are also so many more bloggers that I would love to meet who live in NYC...you know who you are! Some day I hope to meet so many of you that are truly amazing and so wonderful. Okay...on to the photos!


This whole window was filled with Pizza...what great free advertisement for your shop!


Here's Barbie on the back of the double decker bus for FNO!


Loved this window art...not sure what building or where in NYC this was...were were on our way from Penn Station to Central Park though!


I love the mix of Old and New, here on the left is the old NYC...


And on the right is this New looking building that looks like it should be in LA!


Taking the Subway! I've been on the EL and the subway in Philly but never in NYC!


How adorable are these little guys...and what a great way to dress up the subway station!




On our way to the World Trade Center...


Continue Reading...



They're Rising and so are we as a Nation...


I wish I could have been one step closer, but it wasn't open for three more days...


It was so emotional after seeing the 9/11 memorial and the rising towers. There is this beautiful, historical church, St. Pauls, that is about a block or so away from the World Trade Center and miraculously it's still standing. When 9/11 happened people from all over the world left signs, cards, badges, and all types of things for those lives lost and for the families who loved them on the fence of this church. There were also beds and nurses for those helping during those days and things recovered that were on display in St. Pauls when we were there. When I stood there and even now as I write this I am just so heart broken. I needed to collect my thoughts and say a prayer, esp. when I stood infront of a jacket and a pair of boots that belonged to a fireman who was a hero and is now an angel. We will never forget these heroes who saved so many, we will never forget the cherished lives that were taken away so quickly, we will never forget to stand tall and rise above.

They were given out ribbons at St. Pauls for people to write a message to the angels of 9/11 and already written on them was, "Remember to Love"...just three little words but three strong, powerful words. Remember to love, remember to hold, take care of, cherish, talk, bond, make memories, pick up the phone, listen, and just be there for one another.

"Remember to Love"




 

16 comments:

  1. Wow, you trekked all over the city (I recognize the buildings :) ) and were right in my neighborhood! As for pizza in NYC, I really like Patsy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that you got to visit so many different sites! I can't wait to go back to NYC at least once or twice more before we leave the East Coast. And thank you SO MUCH for your sweet and caring comment on my blog yesterday. I can't even tell you how much it meant to me after the rough week I've had, and I want you to know how much I truly value and adore you, too. I really hope we can meet in person at some point, as well, since you've been such a great blog friend and are a truly amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys really WERE all over huh? As for the pizza -- if you ask 20 different people? You'll get 20 different answers. Same for bagels too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in NYC. You need to sponsor a meet-up with you as the featured guest. :) I totally agree that you covered a lot of ground. I can send you a ridiculously comprehensive blog post on NYC pizza and point out a few good places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, your photos are beyond amazing!! It looks like you had a wonderful trip!! We actually may go to NYC for my bachellorette party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana!

    I really should post some of my photos from after 911. I went to that exact same spot you're talking about shortly after and there were lines of folks blocks long all waiting to view the wreckage and pay respects. There was indeed a comemerative wall filled with teddy bears, pictures children drew, flowers and tons of other mementos. Out in the boroughs memorials were everywhere and people draped flags over their porches and in windows. These pics remind me of that time. Thanks for sharing and I know you're having a true blast there!

    xxxx
    amy
    http://bridechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge is w/o a doubt the best pizza! Worth the trek & wait. I live in and LOVE NYC. Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to NYC so this recap was great! That must've been such a special experience, to go to the 9/11 site and pay your respects. I think that's the number one thing I'd like to do. I don't think I can wrap my head around NYC - so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this tour Diana! I agree with you. N.Y. is AWESOME!

    Have a wonderful day Diana!
    Reese
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing more of your NY pictures! It makes me want to go now! I had pizza in Times Square, but I can't remember where. It was good though :)
    I love the mixture of old and new buildings too! Seeing all that architecture was one of my favorite things about NY. It is amazing to be amongst it all and feel so small.
    I wish somehow there could be a big blog meet up with bloggers from all over!
    Have a happy weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's been so long since i've been to NYC and this completly enticed me! the food, the people, the buildings, the train stations! i love everything about NYC! glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the kind comment on the fall post! So sweet. I hope you know the way you need to go in your own changes right now. I wish we could step back and see the outcome of things. Wouldn't that be nice?!
    I <3 you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun post, thanks for all the pictures!:D

    I want to visit NYC soon, such a wonderful place.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    Freeman Beauty Blogger Kit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello. I have been dreaming of setting foot in New York ever since I was young. I have even thought that it's better to visit New York city than Disneyland. I can't help but to feel to the victims and families of 9/11. I am really moved with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOOOOVE new york. What's NOT to love right? Ok, I did not LOVE the weather in February. It was crazy cold! Great blog! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the fact that you've been to New York... a HUGE dream of mine! Just have to make the call, do I go in the Summer and SHOP my lil heart out OR do I go in winter and bask in the season?!?!

    Gah! Hate making decisions. HATE. IT.

    XO
    Tairalyn

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS