Woo doesn't love an Owl Themed Wedding?!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

I have discovered a new obsession with Owls lately and now I love all things that include them in weddings from the cake right down to cute owl luggage tags! It seems to be a big trend that began a few years ago and doesn't look like it's slowing down or going away...and I don't want it to! Just look at this adorable wedding from 2009, bride Julie and groom Todd love the outdoors and wanted a wedding where they could share that love with their guests. What other ways can you include Owls in your wedding?

Continue reading @ AllWomenStalk... to find out about having a real owl at your wedding!



How amazing is Todd's owl groom's cake!

Are you having a themed wedding? There are so many different themes to choose from or even combine to make your own theme. We really love the ocean and wanted that reflected at our wedding. But I love butterflies as well and wasn't sure how to put both of those details together. I searched online for many ideas and when I saw a beautiful seashell wedding cake I knew that our wedding cake would include a beach theme. As for the butterflies, it was another idea found online when I saw centerpieces with branches that had clipped on fabric butterflies. Everything came together nicely and looked very classy. Stay tuned for more info and pictures from our own wedding! ♥

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm having a Tiffany themed wedding with aqua, white and silver colors and crystals as an added element but I'm also obsessed with butterflies so I pulled that in too. My centerpieces are branches with hanging crystals with butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also totally in love with owls right now. So darn cute :) I want to incorporate birds into our theme I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl cake is fantastic! What an amazing theme! Our theme was “California Romance,” which tied in our wine motif, as well as our infusion of California places, food and songs throughout the evening. Our guests loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That owl is so adorable! Although I am freakishly scared of owls in real life. Our theme is cherry blossoms. I can't wait to see your butterfly + ocean theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An owl-themed wedding? Yes please! I have been obsessed with owls for ages!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow its so great to hear from all of you! Thanks for always checking out my posts ladies!

    @ JEM...I cant wait to see your branches with the crystals and butterflies! They sound beautiful. I'll be sure to post our pictures soon!

    @ Favour Shoppe...thanks for stopping by...isn't that cake amazing! :)

    @ Jessica I love birds in wedding details too...ive seen some really cute bird cake toppers...I have one in my cake topper post! :)

    @ Bicoastal Bride...The California Romance sounds like a fun idea I cant wait to see more of your pictures! My husband and I have been to LA and we loved it!

    @ Kristin...Thank you! I love Cherry blossoms...they are so beautiful...and your wedding will be too!

    @ Cafe...I bet you have a lot of owl accessories?! :) Thanks for always stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to tell you about the giveaway gift card. I was actually contacted by the store and asked to host a giveaway so they're sending it to the winner. Just thought i'd clear that up for you.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS