What are you reading?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I just picked up a new book, "The Nine Lessons" by Kevin Alan Milne. It's about a young man who is surprised when his wife of seven years becomes pregnant...surprised because he always said he didn't want children. She is just as surprised and excited, but a little hurt by his reaction. The young man didn't have the greatest relationship with his father and he doesn't know how to be one himself. Because of this he actually turns to his father for advice and receives nine lessons. I'm only at chapter 2 but already I can see that it's going to be a great read.


Source


Before "The Nine Lessons" I finished "Sunday's at Tiffany's" by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet. I bought this wonderful book while we were on vacation and I finished it on the ride home from vacation! Such imagination is used in this complicated love story about a young girl who finds friendship in an imaginary friend because her mother is too busy being a broadway producer. The complicated part comes when her imaginary friend finds her years later and everyone in the book can now see him. It's a funny love story but a romantic one that kept me reading till the end!

Source

4 comments:

  1. These sound like great books. I used to be such an avid reader but I can't find the time anymore. I have over 450 hardback books in my collection and less than half have been read. One day I will have more time and then I will lock myself away with my beloved books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nine Lessons looks really good!

    I'm reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I read it in high school but I am getting so much more out of it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep! The F&M near Millersville! And Loverboy lives near there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check these out. They look fun!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS