Kids and Weddings...

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's a very popular topic amoung the wedding blogs and boards. Inviting children to your wedding and having children participate in your wedding; both can be very heated topics when it comes down to it. Parents get upset and don't understand why they can't bring their three year old son, who you know is a screamer, to your very formal wedding. And your sister doesn't know why you won't have her four year old daughter, who is trying to learn how to use the potty, as your flower girl. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to children and weddings and I stand in the middle myself. Sometimes unexpected events from kids at a wedding makes for a great laugh and a great memory...which is why I wrote 5 Reasons to Have Kids in Your Wedding.

When you look back at their cute little faces in those cute little dresses or suits you'll remember why you chose to have them in your wedding. And even when there is a picture of the flower girl crying as she walks down the aisle...it's still cute! Just make sure you aren't cutting into her nap time! I'm very excited to have my maid of honor's daughter as our flower girl...she is the cutest little girl and I can't wait to see her flower girl dress!! However, she will be the only child under 12 who will be attending our wedding. There are other children we know who just can't seem to keep their hands off of things and it worries us that things like centerpieces and candles wouldn't be a great idea to have around them! Having children in and at your wedding can be a great experience and if you're on the line about which way to go check out the link above at AllWomenStalk.com. Remember just because you're having a flower girl or ring bearer doesn't mean that you have to invite so and so's kids too, especially if you know they will misbehave! This is your wedding...not theirs! Here is evidence of why kids should be in weddings!




source

4 comments:

  1. I agree my friend!!! Awesome article!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the middle on this one just as you are. But there's no denying how adorable children are in the wedding, huh? Hope you are doing well! {hugs} L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!! Kids are so cute!! I hope you both have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it impossible not to have kids at weddings. They bring such innocence and naivette to the event! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS