There are so many gorgeous painted furniture makeovers floating around on Pinterest that I've fallen in love with and most of them include fun pops of color. From green and aqua to yellow and mint, I love them all and I'm itching to start a new painted furniture makeover!
If you've been thinking of making over a piece in your home you will love this list of Color Inspiration for Painted Furniture I put together, shall we get started...

1. Green Painted Piano
It's not just a painted piano, it's a green painted piano! This color is so striking and the finishing dark wax seal helps give the newly painted piano a gorgeous antique finish. For the tutorial on the piano and the fun wall art stop by East Coast Creative.
2. Yellow Spray Painted Desk
{source}
Not only did Kimbo of A Girl and a Glue Gun paint an old desk yellow, she gave the drawers a fun pattern makeover as well! Every time you open the drawers you get a little polka dot and striped surprise, love it!
3. Antique Glaze Turquoise Painted Dresser
{source}
THIS COLOR IS EVERYTHING!!! Teal/Turquoise... you know one of those darker aqua shades... is one of my favorite colors and I'm just totally crushing on this painted furniture piece from Sharon of Lilikoi Joy! The antique finish really completes the look, I am now not only itching to start a painted furniture project, I also want to use an antique glaze on the piece!
4. Painted Tribal Bookcase
{source}
If you're new to my blog you may not have seen this fun project I did last spring. It was one of my first painted furniture projects and ever since I completed this awesome tribal bookcase, I've been waiting to get my hands on the next big piece to makeover!
5. Purple Painted Library
{source}
Now that I have seen this gorgeous, rich purple library from Lindsey Coral Harper, I wish the purple on the bottom of my own bookcase looked a bit brighter and less dull! I need to find this shade...pronto! I could sit in this dreamy home library 24/7!
6. Herringbone Painted Dresser
{source}
I love that Beja's painted furniture piece not only includes an awesome herringbone pattern, but that she kept the original rustic look of the dresser as well. A little wax to make the old wood look new again and you're good to go! Believe it or not, Beja used painter's tape to create the pattern, it looks like a stencil doesn't it?! Stop by Howdy Honey to see the crazy before photos!
So now that I have all of this gorgeous painted furniture color inspiration, leaning more towards shades of blue and purple, the question lingering around my china cabinet is "To Paint or Not to Paint?"
My husband loves the look of wood, so most of the pieces in our home are shades of brown wood, which I can't stand, especially after seeing these makeovers!
This photo is from four years ago, right after my sister-in-law gifted this lovely piece to us.
So paint or don't paint...and what color?
What's a girl to do?!
Would love to hear about your adventures with painted furniture makeovers!
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!




.jpg)



i love these inspirations! i'm not bold enough to do anything with color--i'd just use white, hehehe. and thank you for your comments on my last post. i truly appreciate what you said.
ReplyDeleteThese designs are so much fun! I think your cabinet looks classic and pretty the way it is, but if you spiff it up, that would look pretty, too!
ReplyDeleteI just painted an old sewing machine last weekend and now i'm itching to paint my desk. I cant decide what color but I have a few to choose from already. Nothing too fancy though.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love that shade of purple in the library. That was last year's Pantone Color of the Year. ;-)
ReplyDelete