Waking Up with Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

From savory to sweet, zucchini isn't afraid to go in either direction! Now that I've cooked it both ways, could I tell you which style I prefer? Well, as long as the final results are tasty and edible, what's not to like...right?! I really enjoyed (more like devoured!) the baked zucchini fries and dipping sauce, but could also wake up to a cup of coffee and these delicious banana zucchini chocolate chip muffins any day! Zucchini muffins for breakfast then zucchini fries for lunch...hmm that might be too much zucchini, even for me! 

I know I promised you this recipe last week, but we're in the middle of downsizing and getting things ready for a garage sale, sometimes life gets in the way of blogging y'all! 


Are you guys ready for a serious confession here?! This was my very first time using a food processor....gasp! My mom bought it for us a few months ago, and while my husband has been using it to make shredded hash browns, I have been contemplating what to use it for. True Story! But, oh how I love using it now since shredding my zucchini, who wants to give me some food to process?! 


I searched on Pinterest for zucchini muffin recipes and saw many that were just chocolate chips and zucchini, but I was hoping to find something that was more interesting. That's when I spotted the name of this one from Peanut Butter and Peppers blog and fell in love! Okay, maybe not love...well, what's not to love about bananas, zucchini, and chocolate chips all rolled together into a muffin?! 



I'm not really sure what was going on with the shape of my muffins (okay, don't go there!), but little weird tops aside, the overall taste was amazing. I was impressed with how moist they turned out, no one likes a dry muffin! 


Our oven temp is a little kooky and likes to spike up in the middle of cooking, which may be the reason for the gooey looking chocolate chips. Next time around I may reduce the number of chips I put in the recipe so I can taste more banana and zucchini and not just melted chocolate. I know what you're thinking, "Did she just say less chocolate taste and more zucchini and banana?" You must think I'm crazy!

Stop by Peanut Butter and Peppers blog for this recipe and many more. She recently posted a baked pickle recipe, and here I thought zucchini was an interesting food to test out with fun recipes! 

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!



5 comments:

  1. Another yummy recipe I need to try! I think we're going to try the fries next week. Good luck getting things ready for the garage sale, Diana. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fries were my favorite, esp. with the dipping sauce!! :)

      Delete
  2. ooh i could use two or FIVE or those right about now. yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle! Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my zucchini muffin post. I def ate two at a time, they were so good! :)

      Delete
  3. These looks amazing! It doesn't help that I'm ravenous right now either!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS