Lunch Date with Baked Zucchini Fries and Dipping Sauce

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm on a zucchini roll y'all! Last week I shared an on the whim ziti zucchini recipe I cooked up and mentioned a baked zucchini fries recipe from Inspired by Charm that I was hoping to try. Well, I didn't just pin this recipe and say, "Yeah, maybe one day", I actually made baked zucchini fries! PS, I posted them on my Instagram page and tagged Michael from Inspired by Charm...and he left me a comment!

I have to warn you first if you are thinking about making this recipe, the fries and dip are addicting! 


You first start off with your zucchini chopped into sticks. You want them to be thick enough to absorb the Panko mix after dipping them into the egg.


Michael recommends spraying your baking sheet with cooking spray, which I didn't but should have. I thought they would be okay since I was covering the cookie sheet with aluminum foil, wrong! Some of the fries stuck to the foil a bit, so if you cover your sheet with foil like I did make sure to spray the foil...lesson learned here folks!


The dip he included with his recipe is amazing, I couldn't get enough of it! If I didn't eat the entire plate by myself, with a few leftover for my husband to try, I bet I could have gotten my step-daughters to fall in love with zucchini as well. This zucchini recipe is a great way to introduce your kids to vegetables they haven't tried before, plus what kid wouldn't love green fries!? 

Stop by Inspired by Charm for the complete recipe and come back here on Friday for a banana zucchini chocolate chip muffin recipe from Peanut Butter and Peppers blog that I'm going to share with you!


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day! 





1 comment:

  1. Yum! We will definitely be trying these fries. They sound delish, especially since we've been on a kick of experimenting with new veggies lately. Can't wait to hear about the muffin recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS