It's OK Thanksgiving Thursday!!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm a little late with this and have been a little busy around here with the holiday and having the kids and hubby on vacation, it has just been nice to spend some family time together away from the blogging world.

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving with their family and friends, today I'm still thinking of those hit by Hurricane Sandy and hope that everyone was able to enjoy a hot turkey meal whether they are still in Red Cross shelters or bunked up tight at a friend's house.

I'm not sure about you, but I just don't believe in stores opening up at 8pm and 10pm on Thanksgiving night for sales, it's called Black Friday and that's what day it should be on. Thanksgiving is a time for family and for tradition. Those who have to work the sales should be at home with their families and shouldn't have to worry about leaving the holiday celebration earlier. I really would love to see the holiday taken back from the stores and the media who push these sales...leave Thanksgiving alone and let all the stores stay closed until Friday morning.

So let's get on to It's OK Thursday...


Its Ok Thursdays


It's OK...

That my family is loud, curses, and acts crazy on Thanksgiving because if they didn't it just wouldn't be the same! 
To exercise before eating Thanksgiving dinner and still think, "Wow I can't believe I'm exercising on Thanksgiving!"
To still feel hungry after eating Thanksgiving dinner, pie and other desserts! 
To write my OK Thursday when it's almost Friday! 
That I want another tattoo on my forearm to go next to my owl tattoo
That I still love seeing my parents together even though they have been divorced for over 10 years. 
To not want to go out Christmas shopping for anyone! 

Some photos from Thanksgiving...


My mom, sisters, and I...


My dad, sisters, and I...


My hubby...tomorrow we will be celebrating 7 years together since the day we met and next April will be our 3rd wedding anniversary! I LOVE YOU BABE! xoxo








5 comments:

  1. A lovely post - A Happy Thanksgiving you've had with your family! Oh I find it so relieving when you write ... Authentic and positive! It's good to be off line and be present with family & friends - enjoy your weekend, Nina xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To exercise before eating Thanksgiving dinner and still think, 'Wow I can't believe I'm exercising on Thanksgiving!'"

    Haha! I love you so much more for this, Diana. That is EXACTLY what I do on Thanksgiving!! :P

    I'm so glad to hear that you had a happy holiday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we don't shop on Thanksgiving, too much fun around here! but my daughter got up at 4am to get those sales!!!
    your photos are great!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I love this! Your family looks so cute. Although, I can't figure out which one is your mum. She looks young.

    And I agree with you about Thanksgiving. There's just too much commercialism pushed by corporations. They really need to tone it down.

    p.s. love the haircut! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I absolutely agree with you about Thanksgiving vs. Black Friday, it's madness!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS