I Have Flaws, Please Forgive Me...

Friday, September 12, 2014

I was going to put together my mason jar post for today, but things don't always go as planned around here. Right now, it's 2 am and I have other things on my mind that I needed to write about. You see I'm 31 and I feel like I'm still a work in progress. I'm still learning and growing, making mistakes and bad decisions, what can I saw...I'm flawed. 

I will never be flawless, I'm no Beyonce...



I'm just trying to accept my flaws when others look down on them...



I'm from Philly and I shout when I talk. 
I take everything personally and hate when someone doesn't like me. 
I lack self confidence and don't give myself enough credit.
I get emotional.
I say the wrong things before thinking twice about them. 
I talk too much and give unwanted details.
I make mistakes and sometimes make the same ones over and over again. 
I bite my nails and trip over my feet. 
I watch too much TV.
I procrastinate and have a million other things on my mind instead of the one thing I should be doing at the moment. 
But that's just who I am.

I have flaws, please forgive me.
Take the good with the bad. 
Take all of me and love me just the way I am. 

I will learn from my mistakes (eventually) and grow as a person, but these flaws will always be mine. 
Just as I will always stand 6 feet tall, I will always say things with a Philly accent (punkin instead of pumpkin, ice-ning instead of icing, wooder instead of water), so don't try to correct me! 
I have flaws and don't expect you to embrace them, just don't use them against me. Don't hate me because of them. 
I have flaws, please forgive me. 

PS, linked up over at TwoThirty-Five Designs








2 comments:

  1. Oh Hon, this post is very raw and real and so awesome. All of us have flaws- its who we are. I'm short, speak with very southern accent, I talk too fast and also inappropriate at times. I also love with everything I got, keep secrets until I die, and have the craziest hair a girl could have. We are at the age now that we should accept who we are and be proud! Love me or hate me- its me. You're a wonderful girl that is so talented and loves her friends and family. You love Matchbox Twenty as much as I do so you're a keeper in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to the way you feel. I'm about to turn 31 and in some ways feel I'm where I'm supposed to be, but in others, I don't. I have an unusual voice with a bit of a Boston accent, seek others' approval too much, am shy and socially awkward, and don't dress or look as nice as others. But while we all have things we would change about ourselves or that we perceive as flaws, no matter what, I think you are kind, caring, thoughtful, loving, talented and much more. When you feel down, just remember that quote. "Things may not be great, but you are." <3

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS