Flip-Flop Fashion: Yay or Nay?

Monday, June 30, 2014

I read a post on Lucky Magazine last week by their associate digital editor, Alison Syrett Cleary, that flip-flops are just a "sloppy" fashion statement. She thinks they make casual wear look even "less pulled together" and well don't get her started on how bad they make "dressier" ensembles look! 

Then, her colleague Madeline Alford wrote a pro flip-flop piece on all the reasons why she loves flip-flops for casual and dressier occasions during the Summer! She does however say that flip-flops are not for the "office, theater, or first date (unless poolside)". 

I know there are doctors out there who say flip-flops aren't great for our feet, but there are thousands if not millions of women who still wear high heels every day, so you really won't see either of these footwear trends ever go away just because the experts have warned us not to wear them! 

My question for you ladies is, which side do you sit (or should I say walk) on? I appreciate that one magazine posted both sides and discussed how it was a hot topic issue during a meeting in their office. 

Are you wondering how I feel about flip-flops, well here is my answer for you....


Now although I love wearing flip-flops all Summer long, I am pretty picky about them. I can't stand those thin flip-flops or ones that have too much going on. Two years ago I discovered the Nike South Beach flip-flop at Kohl's and couldn't believe the comfort. It has enough sole to give my foot good support and has a nice thick, soft strap that doesn't rub my foot the wrong way! Plus, they are still wearable two years later, now that's a good flip-flop! 

I posted the flip-flop question on my personal Facebook page and at the time of writing this I received three yays. Tell me, where do you stand?! 

 Don't forget to stop back on Thursday for the Five Things link up party...this week I'm sharing my favorite craft and recipe ideas for Independence Day aka the 4th of July here in the states! 

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day! 









3 comments:

  1. Glad you found some flops you love and that have lasted you a long time! I have ones like that, too.

    Like I said on FB, people waste too much time judging others' choices about superficial things, when they should really just worry about themselves. As long as you're not harming your health or someone else's, just do what you like and what makes you happy. Flip-flops hurt my feet far less than most other shoes I've worn, so I'll be sticking with them.

    People are on my back about tanning and "getting some color," too, so I have a blog post about that coming up. People need to stop judging and also stop feeling the need to justify/apologize for their personal fashion/beauty choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flip flops! I have dozens of them. Skinny ones, blingy ones, nike sport ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To each their own! But for me, I don't actually wear flip flops. I used to own a pair, but that was many moons ago. I do own a pair of sandals though. But I tend to just wear flats for comfy summer alternatives, unless I'm going to a pool or beach then I'll bust out the sandals--but not the flops.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS