Two weeks ago my Five Things co-host Tairalyn over at Little Miss Mama linked up with five things we may not know about her. It was such a cute post about who she is and it inspired me to share a few things about myself that you may not know, are you ready for this?!
1. Five Things link up is posted every Thursday at Midnight EST. Share any five things that are on your mind right now. Whether it's something you are obsessing with on Pinterest, a new and exciting event going on in your life, or even sharing five of your favorite books; it's totally up to you.
2. Please put the Five Things button on the post you're sharing for the link up; sharing is caring, the more players involved the more fun we'll have.
3. Please follow both your hosts Diana from The World Around Her and Tairalyn from Little Miss Mama via Facebook {here and here} and/or Twitter {here and here}. As it’s not mandatory it is greatly appreciated.
4. If you tweet about your post or Instagram it, feel free to tag me or Tairalyn and use the hashtag, #FiveThingsParty
4. If you tweet about your post or Instagram it, feel free to tag me or Tairalyn and use the hashtag, #FiveThingsParty
5. Check out the other bloggers who have linked up, show them some love and comment on at least one other bloggers link-up post.
Shall we get the party started...
1. Some of you may know that I have an owl tattoo, but did you know that I have four tattoos total?! I have three others on the top of my back near my shoulders. I got my very first tattoo of a Pisces symbol (the fish and the astrological markings) when I was about 21/22 years old, then a few years later I got my second tattoo of a butterfly with a heart stomach, and my third tattoo I got with my husband right before we said 'I Do'. It's a combination of the symbols that represent my maiden name and married name, which results in a Feather and a Horseshoe. I am looking to get two other tattoos soon, one on my wrist near the owls of the quote from A.A. Milne (author of Winnie the Pooh), "You are Braver Than You Believe", and another tattoo that my sisters and I will get together, we haven't decided on a design yet!
2. That's little baby me in that photo! If you've been following my blog for a while you may have seen this in my 25 Random Facts post back in 2010! But if you're new here, then this is something you may not have known about me. If you look at the photo you will see that my right eye is shut (looks like I'm winking, right?!). Well, I'm not sure if the doctors took notice when I was born but later on when I was fitted for glasses at around age 10, we found out that I was about 80% blind in my right eye. I can see things but they are very blurry, and 3D glasses that just have one red and one blue lens on each side and not a combination of the two, don't work for me!
3. So, here is another little quirky thing about me when I was born! See that photo of me with my grandpa, who I love and miss so much. Well, take a closer look at my foot, can you see it?! No?! Should I tell you this fact you may not know about me?! HAHA, are you ready for this? I was born with 11 toes total! TRUE STORY! The toe was actually removed and I now have a little bump on the edge of my foot, next to my pinky toe, that sticks out and is a pain in the butt when trying on shoes.
4. Do you recognize what movie this is from and who the beautiful actress is? Well, shame on you if you didn't know that it's from "Ever After: A Cinderella Story" or that this beauty is none other than Drew Barrymore! So, what does she have to do with me?! Well, ever since I saw E.T. I have been obsessed with Miss Barrymore and have pretty much seen every movie she's ever been in, even the not so popular, B rated movies, hey I still love them! I just love her quirky, free-spirit attitude, and hope that one day I can meet her in person. I even wrote into The Oprah Show when I was younger that I would love to meet Drew! #DREWBARRYMORE ARE YOU READING THIS?! Hmm, maybe I should write to The Ellen Show?!
5. How handsome is my guy! I know I talk a lot about us ( I hope that doesn't turn you away!), but one thing you may not have known is that next year we'll be celebrating 10 years together. We've been dating since 2005 and married in 2010, 10 years together and 5 years married next year...woo hoo! I think we should do something pretty special to celebrate, don't you?! HINT, HINT HUBBY!!
OK ya'll now it's your turn to link up and tell us five things we may not have known about you! Or you can share with us any five things that are on your mind this week....



11 toes!?! No way! LOL. Yes, I think you should go on a fun vacation next year to celebrate! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a fun post, and it's great to learn more about you! I love Drew Barrymore, too. She seems like such a cool, down-to-earth person. How awesome that next year with be your five-year wedding anniversary and 10-year date-iversary! Our five-year wedding anniversary is next year, too, and our 10-year date-iversary will take place in 2016. :)
ReplyDeleteFrom what i understand, having 11 toes is more common than what most people think. Hopefully it didnt cause you too much pain when they removed it. I am so ready for my next few tattoos! I have 3 and i have 2 more already planned. I just need the money to get them done.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your anniversary!!! MY one year is coming up in August. yay.
You've answered all my questions about your tattoos now that I've read this post. P.S. I love Ever After. I find myself saying the lines randomly sometimes. Drew and Dougray Scott are wonderful in it.
ReplyDelete