Have you ever watched the movie Taken with Liam Neeson? His daughter goes on a trip to Europe with her friend and they meet up with a few guys, who they hardly know. The next day while she's in her room and on the phone with her dad she is kidnapped and put into a home where they use girls as sex slaves.
It's a harsh movie to watch, but the truth is...this is reality. This weekend during a fundraising event, I learned a little bit more about an organization who is trying to help girls just like this. They teach them skills and set up safe places for them where they can learn. They are putting together a home right here, in the Philadelphia area, but they need help. Check out Worthwhile Wear and donate, volunteer, and shop for items that are handmade by these beautiful girls who need your support.
I helped the ladies of East Coast Creative decorate for the Worthwhile Wear fundraiser event. We spray painted these stones and asked guests to write a message on them. The stones will be placed in the garden at the new home for the girls in the Philadelphia area.
Photobooth fun with my guy at the Worthwhile Wear event!
By ourselves we can't do much, but together we can help rescue these girls and stop human trafficking.



I'm so glad you got to be a part of helping support this cause, Diana. I recently heard a radio segment about human trafficking taking place here in the U.S., and it was sickening. I love Worthwhile Wear's mission and think it's great that ECC is supporting them.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love photobooth photos - wish all our photos could be like that! You look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteIt's really great what you and the other ladies are doing Diana! I have the seen the movie and documentaries on human trafficking and it is terrible and tragic. It's really good to see ordinary people doing something about it!
ReplyDelete