Five Things

Saturday, November 16, 2013

My fabulous fashionista mama friend Tairalyn over at Little Miss Mama  always does a "5 Things I Love This Week" post, mostly fashion or gadget items, sometimes other things as well like bloggers she loves. So I thought I would join in and write one too. 





1. I was writing a post for AWS last night about how we can help the Philippines and another one about ways kids can appreciate the true meaning of the holiday season and it got me thinking! I would love to just donate this year to another family in need rather than exchanging gifts with my own family. There are so many out there who are less fortunate who don't get to pick out a Christmas tree or buy gifts for their children. I'm blessed to be apart of a local women's group who actually does just that; last year we adopted three local, needy families for Christmas and gave gifts to the kids and the single mothers who were raising them. So if you are fortunate enough this year, don't forget about the children and families who aren't. Also, please help support efforts to help the Philippines if you can. ( see previous post for info)

2. Speaking of Christmas, I'm guilty of already turning on the holiday music on my iTunes and Pandora! It really helps when writing posts about Christmas...so if you are putting together a post about holiday decor or the like, turn it on! 

3. I am not a fan of the stores who are opening on Thanksgiving, it's bad enough that people act so horribly the next day on Black Friday trying to get into the stores after eating together with their families and being thankful for what they have. Now, we are taking people away from celebrating with their loved ones so people can act this way on the holiday? SAY NO to SHOPPING on Thanksgiving! 

4. Wow, it has been 8 years since I met my husband...time flies when you're having fun! On the 23rd of this month we'll be celebrating our dating anniversary. It's been a crazy ride, but I wouldn't change one day. You are who you are because of the experiences you have lived through. I love this man and wouldn't be me without him by my side. Do you still celebrate your dating anniversary? 

5. If you haven't checked out East Coast Creative yet and their TV show Knock it Off, you're not going to want to miss tomorrow's new episode, which is already live on the LiveWell Network's website. It's a Christmas episode featuring a guest appearance by a sweet little guy at the end! 


So what are 5 things that are on your mind this week or 5 things you love this week? I realize these aren't necessarily 5 things I love...since I'm not loving the idea of shops being open on Thanksgiving, but these are 5 things that were on my mind...take it or leave it! ;) 




6 comments:

  1. Usually I have the holiday music going by now too; sadly, I can't get into the spirit this year. The fact that I can't is totally bumming me out to be honest. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year usually. :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea!!! And inspired by me? Well I think my job here is done. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thought out list Diana! I agree with you about Thanksgiving! It shouldn't be about shopping. Also, I've had the Christmas tunes out for week now and it's getting me in the spirit!. xoxo Reese

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also listening to holiday music already...I love this season:) Plus, happy almost dating anniversary:) That is so sweet, darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. diana!!!!! i totally lost your link i think when google reader shut down! and i was so bad at transferring them! YOU'RE BACK IN MY WORLD NOW THOUGH!!! and thats all that counts.
    I don't know about 5 things, umm...1. you are back 2. i'm trying to be whole30 this week 3. missing tokyo 4. i'm horrible at this things and 1. like, really bad. ok bye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with you about the stores...take a break people even if its to watch a bit of telly with the family. Then shopping goes back to being something fun festive and special

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS