Happies & Crappies

Friday, November 1, 2013

It's that time of week again, time for Happies & Crappies. If you ever want to link up head on over to Steph's blog at The Vintage Modern Wife or Amber over at Brunch with Amber .

Happies:




1. This weekend we finally don't have anything planned and we get to just relax at home! I love hanging out with family and friends, but sometimes you just need those weekends where you do absolutely NOTHING!! 

2. Remember that photo I posted last Friday, the one of the Lake and the gorgeous fall colors? Well, a local newspaper was hosting a contest on their Facebook page and whomever won best photo of Fall foliage would get their photo used as the newspaper's cover photo. Guess who won, ME!! They may even publish some of their favorite photos in the paper as well! 

3. Saw the sweetest tweet today from my AMAZING friend Katie over at Vintage Vinyl Journals! Beneficial Bank is one of the sponsors of the PA Conference for Women that was going on today and tweeted, "We believe in the power of possibility. Tell us about a woman who has motivated you to unlock your potential – we’ll RT you! " My friend Katie responded with, " inspires, motivates and encourages me with my business. She's a hard worker & maintains a great attitude too" Well if that didn't make my year! LOVE YOU KATIE!

Crappies

1. Monica over at East Coast Creative hasn't been experiencing the best week, along with her little one. He was admitted to the local Children's Hospital and had to have surgery. He is doing much better, but was in the hospital all week and for Halloween as well. It always hurts my heart when kids get sick and have to have surgery. They have a great support team though, with lots of love and prayers from the online and offline community, which is always nice to have in times like these.  

I can't really complain about much myself, after hearing updates of her little guy in the hospital, I am pretty thankful for everything and everyone in my life. 

Today is November first, can't believe it! Everyone is starting their 30 Days of being thankful on their Facebook pages, so I'm going to post on my blog thankful notes too! 

Day 1: I'm thankful for a beautiful and warm Fall day of almost 70 degrees...which is very rare here in the northeast. Last year it was snowing, and if it wasn't that warm today, the rain we had would have been snow! 



I get to look at this view from my home office window! Have you downloaded the Rhonna Designs app yet, I love the quotes and adorable little graphics! I hope you have a great weekend!





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the newspaper contest, Diana - that is awesome!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning the photo contest for the newspaper.

    Yea, I can't believe it's already November 1, but I suppose it's always nice to say you made it through another year so I'm looking forward to the rest of 2013 and the start of 2014.

    http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana, Congratulations on winning the photography contest - that's great! You have such a lovely view from your windonw ... all the lovely colors of fall! And I've enjoyed som much following your Halloween - snapshots via Instagram ... I wish we'd celebrate it over here as well :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS