What Fall Taste Like!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Who doesn't love the taste of Fall, if you don't well too bad because that's what my post is all about! Pumpkin flavor is everywhere, it started last year with pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin donuts, and pretty much pumpkin everything! So we thought we would jump on the bandwagon and make pumpkin cookies, they were okay but not the greatest. A few weeks ago I noticed we still had an unopened can of pumpkin puree sitting in the cabinet and I kept thinking, "How can I one up that cookie recipe!"

Last year I had pumpkin pancakes at an adorable country restaurant and have been dreaming of them ever since. So, I thought why not make some myself...with the help of my hubby! The recipe was a winner, which made me feel much better about baking more with pumpkin puree, I just couldn't leave that bad cookie recipe hanging over me and haunting my pumpkin dreams!




The pancakes only called for 3/4 cups of canned pumpkin, so what was I to do with the rest of the can? Cupcakes first came to mind, but I'm pretty cupcake'd out at the moment. Then I thought, "How amazing would a pumpkin spice muffin be in the morning with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee!" NAILED IT!! OH and do I mean, I nailed it! 



Note the actual pumpkin in the photo is not what I used....just for looks! I knew the true test would be how well my daughters liked them, and when they said they loved them...well now Mama knows what she'll be making more of! 

It's a pretty simple recipe, however I did notice that in the ingredients it only called for baking powder and in the directions it mentioned the powder as well as baking soda. What was I to do? So I read the comments to see if it was noted and one reader mentioned that she used 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda....sometimes it's the smallest ingredient that can throw off your recipe! 

The recipe also called for pumpkin spice, which is noted in the comment section is a blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. Well, mama didn't have all of those ingredients so she improvised and just added an extra teaspoon of cinnamon to the recipe, the other teaspoon of cinnamon is for sprinkling on top. Check out Smitten Kitchen, adorable blog name, for this recipe and many others. Right now she is featuring a homemade pizza...dough and all!

What recipes have you tried this Fall? What have you been dreaming of tasting, but haven't had the chance to try yet? 




4 comments:

  1. I feel peer pressure this time of year because i think i'm the only one that doesnt get excited about all things pumpkin. LOL.
    I love the smell and have a few pumpkin spice candles but the taste is not there. I dont eat or drink anything pumpkin flavored.
    I like pumpkin seeds toasted so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love pumpkin anything at this time of year! I have some pumpkin soup in the pantry that I'm excited to try out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I love everything pumpkin and your goodies look so yummy:) I need to make some pumpkin pancakes over the weekend:) Eek, I love this season. Muah, darling.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS