Happies & Crappies

Friday, October 25, 2013

I'm trying to keep up with my blog, so I thought it would be fun to link up with one of my favorite bloggers, Miss Stephanie over at The Vintage Modern Wife. So link up with her and post your list of Happies and Crappies from your week! I have to say I am very blessed with many happies lately!
The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up
Happies

1. It's Fall y'all! Like I mentioned in my previous post, I really love this time of year. We were considering getting married in Fall, but pushed the wedding back to the following Spring so we could have a bigger budget! I loved our colors for Spring, but deep purples would have been gorgeous with the beautiful Fall foliage. 


So pretty and peaceful, I took this photo at the lake near our house. 


2. We finally picked up our pumpkins for carving! Last year we never carved or purchased any pumpkins and my youngest step-daughter wasn't too happy about it, she told us this year we better get them! I'm still not sure if I want to carve or just create a pretty design with some washi tape and paint/markers? What do you think? 

3. Tomorrow we are going to a Halloween birthday party and we get to dress up! This is the first year we have actually dressed up as a couple, twice in fact! A few weeks ago we went to my husband's cousin's kid's 4th birthday party...that's a mouth full huh! I dressed up as a retro/ Sandy from Grease type of chick with a bandana in my hair and wore black tights (yoga pants), with a black top. My husband was a biker, and looked pretty cool too! This weekend the theme for the party is witches and vampires, I'm so excited! 


My outfit didn't really stand out as a costume, so I'm excited to really get into character this weekend! 

Crappies:

1. The weather has been so bizarre this season. I had a cool, dark denim jacket I was going to wear for the Halloween party mentioned above and it ended up being 80 degrees that day! It was earlier this month, but still crazy hot for October! Oh, but now it's 50 degrees out only a few weeks later, and in the 30's at night! This is a definite crappy!  

2. Right now I'm not too happy with my food habits and lack of fitness routine. I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself, because I still fit in the clothes I was wearing last year, but some of the sweaters are a little snug. I just don't want to go back to the unhealthy state I was a few years ago. It can be hard to keep up, especially when you work from home. But I am now on my fourth day of getting back into doing my Jillian Michaels DVDs, love them and her! So I'm on the right track! 

3. My hair is in the middle of a transition, it isn't long and it isn't short! LOL! OK, it's still short, but it just has this awkward look going on. I'm not sure how to style it, so pretty much I just straighten it or blow dry it, but it seems to be laying weird. I miss my long hair, so I think I want to keep it about shoulder length. GROW HAIR...GROW! 

Leaving you with a little happy for your weekend, how cool is this guy?! 



I took this photo a few weeks ago at our local park, I love my Canon camera!  OK, go link up and have a great weekend! 

Are you dressing up for Halloween or any parties this year?


6 comments:

  1. I hear you about the food habits and fitness routine, because I'm in the same boat. My clothes are getting snug, and I've just been in such a slump lately that I haven't devoted the time to it that I should. It's definitely time to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is one of my happies, as well. It's truly the best season!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great theme Diana. I am loving that photo of you, you look fab in a scarf, good cheekbones! I love deep colours for a wedding too. once I was a bridesmaid in Midnight blue and it really made the bride stand out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, it's amazing that you have that swoonworthy lake near your house. That must be one incredible spot to relax and enjoy the moment:) Also, I love everything about autumn as well. It's my favourite season:) Have a wonderful day, darling and talk to you soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh...I have been falling into bad eating habits too. Kudos for sticking with Jillian Michaels though..that's awesome! She's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading this post Diana! I got to read and catch up on everything in your life. I'm so happy for you that you got a lot of happies vs. crappies! .-))

    Love the bird photos! How did you get them? Do you know what type of bird it was?

    I hear you about having difficulty keeping with up some type of exercise. I'm having a hard time of it as well. I follow fit sugar on youtube sometimes.

    Big hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS