There was a little crazy going on last week and over the weekend on the East Coast. Early in the week there was an Earthquake that started in VA, then starting on Thursday Hurricane Irene made her way from Florida all the way to New England. It looks like the Carolinas, New York State, and New Jersey got hit pretty bad. There were also some Tornados that came through some areas. It's sad to hear about the tragedies and I hope everyone reading is safe as well as your loved ones. We had some tree branches down and some of the near by creeks flooded a little bit, as well as some trees down in the nearby park, and power outages around town, but as far as our home and everyone in our family we are safe, dry, and with power. We hope that those who are without power are safe and those in flooded areas have made it to a dry, safe place to stay. It's no joke when it comes to Mother Nature...if there is reason to leave and go some place else...please do so.
Now for some happier thoughts...
Thanks to Amy-Jo at Bride Chic who told me about the fun photo editor site Picnik! Most of the things on there are free...like making your photo a polaroid, giving your photo round corners, adding fun stickers, changing the shade of the exposure, etc. But there are some things on there that you can only get by upgrading. I've already played around with some photos and so far my fav thing is turning my photos into a polaroid...
I also love how our wedding photo turned out by changing the exposure!
So if you are looking for a cool way to turn your blog photos into something creative def check out this site. You can upload from your computer or connect right to facebook. After you are done, save your photo and share it to facebook, twitter, Flickr, email, or even print your photo!
Update on Back to School...
The kids are back at school and my younger stepdaughter was very nervous about her first day. When she came home she was still pretty worried about figuring out the lay of the school, making friends, liking all of her teachers, and doing well in her classes....
On day two I am happy to say she did much better! The teachers she was worried about are now, "OK", which is better than, "Horrible", she has made some friends and found some she already knew from the neighborhood and junior high, and she likes all of her classes; esp. Math!
My other stepdaughter is in 11th grade and she loves it! She likes all of her teachers, classes, and has a great group of friends. I'm just so glad to hear they are both doing well and that I really don't have to worry about them with their school work and such.
How was your weekend and week so far?



i love your hair cut! so pretty :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the haircut! Very chic!
ReplyDeleteLove the haircut, very cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're OK after the wild weather, and I LOVE your new 'do! So glad to hear your stepdaughters are doing well, too, since high school can be such a difficult time.
ReplyDeleteYour new blog layout is SO cute!!!
ReplyDeleteAH! Love your hair and wedding pic!
this was a good post to come back to reading blogs on, it was fun to get caught up with you lady :) love the hair too!!
ReplyDeleteYour right! It was a really unusual weather week for the East Coast! I guess I didn't put it together that the earthquake and Irene happened in the same week. hmmmm.
ReplyDeleteweekend was good. glad the hurricane wasn't as horrible as they were predicting. the week is going well. cute hair cut!
ReplyDeleteThat photo editor sounds like a lot of fun! I never heard of that before!
ReplyDeleteI know I said it before, but I love your new haircut! It looks fabulous :)
I am so glad you and your family weren't affected by the horrible weather at all!
I hope you are enjoying these last summer days. Any fun Labor Day plans?
xoxo
i love your haircut!
ReplyDeletejust in case you wanted to try something else too.... i use something similar to picnik called picasa. i'm not sure if it's the exact same thing or if picnik is a better program but picasa is free! for everything! i've been using it for years now and i've never had to pay anything. :)
I love your new haircut, Diana! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your short hair!! And too funny, I just downloaded an app similar to that one last night on my phone to make pics different and I'm obsessed. Hope your enjoying your holdiay weekend!!
ReplyDelete