So Long Summer!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WOW can you believe Summer is coming to an end soon, not so much in the weather and calendar sense but in the back to school for the kids sense! Last week we took my two step-daughters out for "back to school" shopping. It was pretty easy, but we ended up going to three or four different stores and probably spending more than we planned on! I still can't get over these graphing calculators that are a "must need", even for a Chemistry class, and they aren't cheap...they cost about $80 or more! We were thinking of getting one online, but when you look at the ratings and feedback of the sellers and then you add in shipping costs you really just want to be safe and be able to take it back to the store if anything happens to it.

So the day after having so much fun doing back to school shopping, we went on our first family camping trip at Knoebels Amusement Park! The park has a very old time feel and a very family and even pet friendly atmosphere! There were dogs everywhere, I guess when people go camping for a few days they like to take their pets with them. We had a great time on the rides, roasting marshmellows by the fire, and just hanging out with our close friends who brought some of their family members along as well. The little kids and our daughters had such a great time. I have to tell you this park had some great food that really impressed me as far as amusement park food goes. I ate some of the best white pizza I've ever had...yum!! We also had some great tasting pierogies and refreshing slushies too! OMG...and they have the craziest wooden rollercoaster you have ever been on! Every time the coaster went up a hill or around a corner my butt was in the air! It was fun, but a little scary too!

What is everyone doing to celebrate the end of summer? Here are some fun photos from the park!














PS what are some programs you use to make your photos look more interesting on your blog?

12 comments:

  1. What a fun way to end the summer! It looks like a charming amusement park :) I love amusement parks that have rides that give just enough thrill, but don't scare you to death (such as Six Flags)! I'm glad you had a great time :)
    I can't believe those calculators are $80! That's a ridiculous amount.
    I don't have much planned to end summer. I might be going to LA one more time this weekend, which could mean Disneyland :)
    I will be emailing you that tea post tomorrow (Tuesday)!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a great time!!! And those pictures are great too!
    Haven't really thought about ending the summer or starting the new school year with a bang yet...but maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of summer fun! I always loved back to school shopping! Well, I still do - but now I just use it as an excuse to buy new Fall clothes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh the days of graphic calculators. That stinks. I feel like they start school earlier and earlier every year. So many other bloggers are saying their schools start this week but I don't remember it starting till like the 2nd week of Sept. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun!! :) I'm sure it was enjoyable for all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, graphing calculators... I remember those days. That amusement park looks awesome! I'm hoping we'll get one more winery day in before the end of summer, and I'm also heading to a makeup launch party this weekend (unless the hurricane decides to dump a ton of rain on the DC area). I can't believe my grad classes start up again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun trip to the amusement park!! i am excited about the end of summer, because that means my summer can begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, I start grad school up again tomorrow, and I'm sooo not ready!! Awesome pics Diana, I love the one of the fudge shop, I would have spent all my money there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do luv amusement parks. Recently we did a shoot in Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco on the Zeum Carousel. We all had soooooooo much fun. As for photo programs, they've changed the way our photo albums look--everything's on line these days. Picnik on Google is actually great but photgraphers prefer the real high falutin' programs

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love amusement parks- what a great way to celebrate summer! I don't have anything I use to make my photos "look cool" but I wish i did... I love when photos are posted with rounded edges. If you find anything post a tutorial please!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer has gone by really fast! Great amusement park pics! I haven't been to one in forever!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS