What a lovely place....

Friday, August 13, 2010

My first stay at a bed and breakfast was while my husband and I were engaged. We went down to visit his aunt and uncle to see their soon to be new home. While they were searching for a new home they needed a place to stay and happened upon the wonderful owner of the beautiful Smithfield Farm Bed and Breakfast. While we were visiting with them they wanted to share with us the amazing experience they enjoyed of the farm and we're sure glad they did! There is a main house that has several beautiful bedrooms for families and couples. But there is also a summer cottage next to the main house that is perfect for honeymooners!! It's the perfect getaway for a mini moon weekend where you have your own private kitchen, bathroom with a whirlpool tub, and an electric fireplace! And guess what, this is where we stayed while we were at the B&B! I had the perfect weekend with my fiance (now husband!) and couldn't wait to return for another visit. On the farm they even make their own pasta and jams, and sell meats and eggs. This was actually my first trip to VA and we even drove over to WVA where we bet on the horses and I won $75.00 on a $2.00 bet! While we honeymooned on the beach in Florida, I think the farm in Virginia would have been just as sweet and romantic. Are you staying at a B&B for your honeymoon? They even have weekend accommodation packages where they will help you propose to your significant other...how thoughtful!






(personal photos)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds amazing! I've never been to a B&B but really want to have a romantic getaway like that, maybe for an anniversary? What I love the most is that they make their own food. It is always a pleasant surprise when something comes to the table and the waitress tells us "This is a local product!" Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS