Today one of my long time blogger friends is sharing a sneak peek into a post she originally featured last year on her own blog. Then next week she will be sharing a new perspective of what Love Your Body means to her.
Say hello to my friend Heather from High Heels & Flip-Flops...
Love Your Body: Perfectly Porcelain
“You need to
take off that rash guard and get some color.” While comments about my pale,
porcelain skin could easily make me feel insecure, instead, they just make me
all the more dedicated to preventing skin cancer and loving my natural tone. Check
out my story excerpt below, and take a moment to feel gorgeous in your own
spectacular skin!
Why I Don’t Tan (For Faux or For Real)
It’s that
time of year again when everyone inevitably starts talking about tanning,
whether it comes from a bottle or directly from the sun itself. It’s also the
time when some people feel the need to state that this here porcelain-skinned
blogger needs to “get some color.”
My response?
I don’t do tans, nor will I ever. First and foremost, I have no desire to risk
getting skin cancer, something I’ve seen people of all ages fight, just for the
sake of obtaining a fleeting glow. Second, I have no interest in any bottled
bronzer on the market, because the honest truth is, I don’t mind being pale.
It’s just who I am, how I have always looked, and not something I feel the need
to justify to anyone else.
It saddens me
to hear fellow smart, talented, beautiful women saying things like, “Please
excuse the circles under my eyes,” or “I'm so pale in that picture,” as if we
need to apologize for the way we look or preempt others' negative judgment.
This especially strikes a chord with me because I've done it, too, putting
myself down verbally or in writing, allowing others’ opinions to make me feel
insecure. And the one time I did break down and try one of those “facial glow”
creams? Along with it causing my skin to freak out, I also thought I looked
completely ridiculous.
Want to
continue reading? Check out the full post at High Heels & Flip Flops.
You can also find Heather on Social Media:
Thanks for stopping by, be sure to email me if you'd like to share your own Love Your Body story.
xoxo


Thanks so much for featuring me, Diana! I can't wait to share my new post next week! :)
ReplyDeleteAmen. It's hard in this world to love our bodies when we are constantly barraged with the media's idea of perfect. I'm trying to do better at being thankful for all the things my body can do for me instead of focusing on perceived imperfections.
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome that we begin to encourage girls to love their bodies at a young age!
ReplyDeleteThe following primarily happens your chord with me for the reason that I executed them, very, having by myself all the way down verbally and also written, allowing for others’ beliefs in making people come to feel unimpressed.
ReplyDelete