We're never prepared for death, even if we know it's coming. We know death is eventually going to happen for us all, but it just never gets easier when we have to say goodbye.
With social media connecting us again to friends and loved ones we haven't seen in a while, it feels even heavier when we learn of someone's passing. How is it possible that this person could be gone today when just yesterday we saw them share a photo on Facebook and Instagram? HOW?!
I'm still trying to understand and wrap my head around a recent tragedy that happened to my childhood friend. Though I still don't understand it, I'm grateful for the opportunity to reconnect with her. My heart hurts for her family; her husband and three young children, her parents and in-laws, her siblings, and extended family.
Death of someone so young always reminds me to appreciate every day a little more, to slow down and enjoy the moment instead of trying to share it on social media, and to capture more memories.
So, while you may see less of me on social media, know that I am here; living, loving and learning.
There is a fund my friend's family has put together in her memory and to help her husband and children who are 6, 4, and 2. If you can help, any dollar amount is appreciated. Click here.
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo



I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Diana. I agree that it's important to live in the moment and cherish every day, since you never know what the future holds. I am here for you, my friend. Thanks for being a wonderful part of my life.
ReplyDelete