Five Things: My Random Thoughts

Thursday, July 10, 2014

It's been a little quiet on the blog this week, but I couldn't leave my co-host and followers without a Five Things link up post, now could I?! However, I am a little stuck on what five things to write about today. I was on vacation last week and haven't been too inspired to get back into the swing of things. Where do you find inspiration when you're not feeling the need to write? 


1. Five Things link up is posted every Thursday at Midnight EST. Share any five things that are on your mind right now. Whether it's something you are obsessing with on Pinterest, a new and exciting event going on in your life, or even sharing five of your favorite books; it's totally up to you. 

2. Please put the Five Things button on the post you're sharing for the link up; sharing is caring, the more players involved the more fun we'll have.

3. Please follow both your hosts Diana from The World Around Her and Tairalyn from Little Miss Mama via Facebook {here and here} and/or Twitter {here and here}. As it’s not mandatory it is greatly appreciated.

4. If you tweet about your post or Instagram it, feel free to tag me or Tairalyn and use the hashtag, #FiveThingsParty

5. Check out the other bloggers who have linked up, show them some love and comment on at least one other bloggers link-up post.

Shall we get the party started...




1. Is it too early for me to retire and become a beach bum for the rest of my life...who is with me?!

2. So remember how I stressed the use of sunscreen two weeks ago? Well, I did make sure to use it before we went out onto the beach, but I guess I forgot to reapply... because I got burnt! ( Not as orange as Anne Hathaway, but still pretty red!) It's really important to reapply, friends. Don't just put it on in the morning and think it will protect you all day long...like I did! Put it in your bag if you intend on being out all day, like I should have done!

3. Just before vacation our local library hosted a book sale and I scored three books for a $1.00 each! I whizzed right through the first book "Glimmerglass" by Jenna Black. My step-daughter recommended it and said it was a must read. It's actually part of a trilogy and while I wait to get the second book in the mail I started on Nicholas Sparks' "The Best of Me". I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll save the book reviews for next time! (PS, I LOVED "Glimmerglass" and I'm really getting into "The Best of Me")

4. Last year I learned about the local non-profit organization Worthwhile Wear and how they help women and children, locally and overseas, escape human trafficking. I wanted to do more than just purchase the handmade items that Worthwhile Wear sells, I wanted to pitch in. With help from my girl Monica of East Coast Creative blog, who is good friends with the non-profit's executive director Dan Emr, I was able to physically help with Worthwhile Wear's new housing project The Well. She is helping with the makeover of this safe house and needs more than just local hands who can paint. So if you would like to find out more on how you can get involved with this incredible project stop by EC2 and read all about what she's doing to help fight human trafficking. I gathered a few volunteers from my local women's group, and together we painted a bedroom and made over a bathroom vanity.  The fight against human trafficking isn't an easy one, but together we can make life better for women and children who are either at risk or have escaped. Please considering joining the fight. 

5. Well, how can I sweat the small stuff when there are victims of human trafficking, victims of domestic violence, people battling cancer and other diseases, and just people in general who are depressed or angry from the moment they wake up in the morning? Sometimes we let the little things get to us; like rush hour traffic, a bad hair day, gaining a few unwanted pounds, etc., but I'm determined to not let these things I cannot change get the best of me. I don't have to be happy and cheerful every second of the day, it's okay to express other emotions. However, I will not let silly little things bother me any more. END SCENE!! 

Well, for a person who wasn't in the mood to write at the start of this post, I sure did find a few things to discuss! Now it's your turn...







4 comments:

  1. We are heading to the beach next week and I cannot wait. I have about 6 bottles of sunscreen packed and will make sure we don't leave home without it :) Glad you had a nice vacation and got in some good reading. I'm bringing a stack of magazines that I hope to get through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the beach, I can't wait to hear all about it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely link-party, Diana! Thanks so much for the book recommendations, I like a lot all the books by Nicholas Sparks - these are new titles to me you write about! Worthwhile Wear sounds like a great cause to support - I'll go and search more from your link!
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are some books of Nicholas Sparks you have read? Thank you so much for stopping by today. That is so sweet of you to check out Worthwhile Wear :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS