Five Things: Does Summer Have to End?

Thursday, July 17, 2014


I'm still trying to find motivation and inspiration for new DIY post ideas, I just feel a little lost and unsure of what's next. My awesome Five Things link up co-host Tairalyn suggested that I might need to step back, take a break from the blog, maybe even give The World Around Her a little face lift, and then come back refreshed and ready to rock n' roll! 

So I think this might be my last Five Things link up post for a while, but that doesn't mean that you can't still link up with my girl, so be sure to stop by her blog Little Miss Mama while I'm on hiatus. 



1. Five Things link up is posted every Thursday at Midnight EST. Share any five things that are on your mind right now. Whether it's something you are obsessing with on Pinterest, a new and exciting event going on in your life, or even sharing five of your favorite books; it's totally up to you. 

2. Please put the Five Things button on the post you're sharing for the link up; sharing is caring, the more players involved the more fun we'll have.

3. Please follow both your hosts Diana from The World Around Her and Tairalyn from Little Miss Mama via Facebook {here and here} and/or Twitter {here and here}. As it’s not mandatory it is greatly appreciated.

4. If you tweet about your post or Instagram it, feel free to tag me or Tairalyn and use the hashtag, #FiveThingsParty

5. Check out the other bloggers who have linked up, show them some love and comment on at least one other bloggers link-up post.

Shall we get the party started...


1. Shorts and tank tops are my life right now! Oh and how amazing is the sand sculpture behind us? Atlantic City, NJ hosted the Sand Sculpting World Cup for the 2nd year in a row and my husband and I were lucky enough to enjoy it last year as well. This time we took my youngest daughter and her friend along for the trip. You never know if teens are going to be into something you like, but thankfully they loved it as much as we did!

2. Everyone one is talking about the Super Moon this week, myself included. And while I did capture a few great photos of it, it is not my favorite shot of the moon that I have in my collection. I just stumbled upon this incredible shot of the crescent moon I took from July 4th week when we were on vacation. Sometimes I take so many photos that I forget about the really cool ones until I finally upload them onto the computer! 

3. Unfortunately we didn't get to see fireworks on vacation because of Hurricane Arthur making the seas a bit too rough for Ocean City to set them off from the barge in the water. However, our local town did a pretty fine job with their own show the weekend after. I have to say, fireworks are one of my favorite parts about vacationing during July 4th week, when we don't see them it just doesn't feel right!

4. My Zinnias are in full bloom and I can't believe how much they have sprouted up. When we left for vacation they were only about 2-3 inches tall, and when we returned home they were about 8-10 inches if not taller! I'm so proud of my little garden; I don't do too well with potted plants, but give me a garden outside and I'll grow you a field of flowers! 

5. Have you ever tried a soft shelled crab? I LOVE THEM! My first experience eating one was in Maryland a few years ago and I have been hooked ever since. If you have never tried one, it's a must! You eat the entire crab, legs and all! The chips that came with the crab were really good as well, I had to push the plate away before I gobbled them all up! If you're ever in Ocean City, NJ you can find them at Ike's Famous Crabcakes on the boardwalk. 

So, do you think I should change the name of my blog or just the look? What are some things you would like to see in the design? What do you like best about my blog? 

Alright, now it's your turn to link up...




1 comment:

  1. A step back might be just what you need... Take some time away from being online to remember and enjoy r what you are passionate about. Sometimes when you are trying to force something too much then that means "it's not you." I love the name of your blog & don't think you should change it!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS