YAY, there are finally signs of Spring popping up and it makes my heart smile! I feel like I need a fresh start and Spring will help with that. The start of 2014 has been a crazy one and I'd like for it to go a little smoother, a little slower, and a little happier.
Thank you to those who stopped by on my last Happies & Crappies post, I promise to check out your blogs; life gets a little busy around here sometimes but I am trying to schedule things better. I am also thinking of revamping my blog and going to WordPress, seems like the thing to do lately in the blog world. If you notice though, I actually just changed it from a three column to a two column, it was getting too busy looking. I really want to start paying attention to my blog more, perhaps make a Facebook page for it and get a few sponsors once I get traffic picked up.
I started this blog right before we got engaged so I mostly blogged about our wedding details with a little real life (holidays, birthdays, fun weekend events) thrown in the mix. But, what kind of blogger am I really? There are fashion bloggers, DIY bloggers, mommy bloggers, wedding bloggers, etc. but I feel like I don't really fit into one of those molds, but I want to have a community like those bloggers do. Is there a community for Real Life Bloggers?!
OK, so I'd love to hear your advice and your Happies & Crappies from this week as I am linking up with Steph and Amber again!
Happies:
Most of my happies in March come from it being my birthday month, the start of Spring, and the Philadelphia Flower Show! I won't go too picture crazy on you, but here are a few of my favorites from this week and last!
We headed to the Reading Terminal for lunch before going to the Flower Show, and wow it was such a great idea! You have to locate Molly Malloy's next time you're there, the butternut squash soup was amazing and so fresh. They first opened up with a produce shop and then a restaurant. The fries were hand cut and the cheesesteak might just have been the best ever!
The theme for this year's Philadelphia Flower Show was Articulture and I heard that next year's theme is Hollywood, which I'm already looking forward to! It's not just about the show, but for the last few years my mom and I have been going together for my birthday and it now has become a tradition of ours. We go down around noon time, get lunch, and then spend the day and into the night at the show and enjoy the free wine sampling that starts at 5:30 pm in the convention center right outside the doors of the Flower Show...what's not to love about that! We take public transportation down, so no worries about driving!
Each year there is a live show of some kind at the main floral exhibit, during the Hawaiian theme they had hula dancers and this year they had trapeze artists, it was pretty exciting to watch (you can see them in the top left photo). In the middle are the most adorable frogs I've ever seen, they were part of my high school's exhibit (graduated in 2001!). The two photos after the frogs are from the main exhibit, also where my mom and I are standing in front of. The last photo, well who doesn't love tulips, right?! I can't wait for ours to bloom in the little "garden" we have in front of our house. YAY Spring!
How blessed am I? My friends and family really helped 31 feel even just as amazing as 30! It all started with a surprise gift card to Barnes & Noble that came in the mail from miss Heather over at High Heels & Flip-Flops, such a sweetheart. I actually got the chance to meet her in person and can't wait to hang out again sometime! Oh, and then my friend Katie created this incredible custom and one of a kind tote bag for me! She also created journal cards for my Project Life album, pretty awesome right?! She is actually in the middle of starting her own blog, which isn't up yet but for now you can check her out on Facebook at Busy Bee Kate (love her blog name).
Saw this little guy hopping around outside today and just had to take his photo. Also loving the fact that we can finally see green grass in our yard instead of blinding white snow that has been piled up for two months now! Signs of Spring indeed!
Crappies
I have been feeling a little uneasy lately, just a lot of bad, emotional days of feeling lost and in the middle of not knowing what's next. Also, I feel like I just don't have the motivation to workout right now...Jillian Michaels I need you to push me again! If only she were my real life physical trainer! I did get on the treadmill today, but not as long as I wanted to, but it's a start... GO ME!!
----------------------------------------------------------
OK, it's almost the weekend and we have house guests coming! My best friend from college is coming with her hubby, and two little ones. I can't believe their daughter is now 6 and their baby boy is going to be 1 in June!
Also a Big Happy Birthday to my older sister, she turned 33 the day before my birthday...we're 2 years and 1 day apart!
Can you tell we grew up in the 80's?! My younger sister is the baby in the top right photo, there's three of us...yep my dad had to put up with four women in the house, lucky him!
Here is another photo collage I made for her to post on social media for her birthday!
She's a DALLAS FAN...in Eagles and Steelers Country!
Happy Friday and weekend!








Aw, thanks for the shout out, Diana! I can't wait to hang out with you again, too! I'm sorry you've been feeling lost and unsure of what's next lately. I actually feel very much the same way, and you are someone I look to as an example of what it means to go after your goals and dreams. Thank you for being such an amazing friend, and know that I'm always here to listen. <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for always supporting my work and for the encouragement! Can't wait to see each other again! xoxo
DeleteThe pictures look really fun.
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun day! Thanks for stopping by my blog again Brianne :) Happy Weekend!
DeleteHappy belated birthday!! That flower show looks too cool, and now you have me craving butternut squash soup, too!
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel,
DeleteThank you for the birthday wishes! I could eat that soup any time! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
Diana
I like your Happies and Crappies idea, cute! Good luck with figuring out your "niche", you'll get there, and you never know, you might even invent something new :)
ReplyDeleteDawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
Hi Dawn,
DeleteThank you for checking out my blog. I appreciate your comment, I think updating my personal blog more will help me figure things out. Happy Weekend!
That flower show looks amazing. And I hope this week is full of happies for you!
ReplyDelete