Happies & Crappies:

Friday, February 28, 2014

So it's the last day of February and that means my birthday month is about to start! So last year I was all excited about turning 30, but this year 31 just sounds like well, eh! Last year I celebrated the big 3-0 with a bang and the year after it's just like, "OK, I have another birthday...whatever!" Don't get me wrong, I like small gatherings and don't want anything big each year; having cake at home with the hubs and kids is all I really need on my actual birthday, and then maybe going out to eat with the extended family the weekend after. Also, I love going to the Philadelphia Flower Show every year with my mom, it's been our little tradition for a few years now. 

I don't want to top last year, it's just a feeling of, "Wow my twenties are really behind me, I'm now in my thirties!" In my thirties, doesn't that just sound crazy!! I'm sure everyone goes through this when they reach the next stage in their life; their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. that they just can't believe they are at this age and how quickly it seemed to come. 

However, it also inspires and motivates me as I look back at how much I've grown as a person, how much I've learned, how much I've challenged myself, and makes me want to keep striving for more. You never stop learning and you never want to stop challenging yourself. But right now I am proud of who I am, I'm proud of where I am in life, and I'm very blessed in life as well.




So now it's time to link up with Steph and Amber for Happies & Crappies!! 



Happies...

1. Life is about being brave and putting yourself out there; take chances and get dirty! So this passed week I took my girls to our favorite local restaurant and my youngest step-daughter was really hitting it off with our waiter. Every time he walked by he would smile and look right in her direction. He even went the long way back to the kitchen just so he could pass our table! So her sister said that she HAS to talk to him and find out how old he is and if he goes to the same school. Well, this was a lot to ask because she doesn't really like to talk to guys she thinks are cute and so she was freaking out! That's when her sister said, "20 Seconds of Bravery!" Do you know this quote? It's from "We Bought a Zoo" and it's one of my youngest step-daughter's favorite quotes and well now she just had to talk to him since her sister put her on the spot like that! Well, she found out that the waiter was a little bit older than she thought, and that wasn't going to fly with my husband (maybe in a year or so!). But, we were very proud of her for being brave and putting herself out there, it took a lot of guts to talk to him. YOU GO GIRL!







2. Though I haven't been eating the healthiest types of food (cheesesteak on Tuesday, cookies today, and probably other crap I shouldn't have eaten!), I have been exercising with my girl Jillian Michaels all week long. I love her Ripped in 30 work out that consists of 4 weeks of different exercise routines. Oh and a few weeks ago I tweeted her and she TWEETED BACK!




LOVE HER!!! 

3. As I mentioned before (well when I was interning) that I'm the new blog assistant over at East Coast Creative...and if that isn't cool enough they also have a DIY TV SHOW called Knock it Off! But this isn't my happies, but I mean really that is pretty fantastic! So, in just a few days one of the biggest and most kick ass blog design contests is about to go down on their blog and there are big prizes involved, plus big blog stars! If you love DIY then you will want to stayed tuned on March 3rd and get your submission in for your chance to compete and be able to have a big blog star mentor you. But wait, that's not all! Even if you don't enter to be apart of the design competition, you can enter to win an awesome vacation to Punta Cana...sweet! It's called Creating with the Stars and you can check out a post on their blog with all the details...what are you waiting for?! 

Crappies...

1. My only crappies for this week is my bad habit of procrastination! I need to write a schedule and keep up on using my desk calendar...right now there is a pile of junk on it! I just get down in the dumps in the winter time, it can get tough sometimes when you work from home and don't interact with people every day. Working from home isn't always all that it's cracked up to be. Plus, there are so many distractions and everyone just thinks you have time to do everything because well you work from home! I need to change this and waking up earlier and not staying up till 2 am the night before would probably help! 

So, what are some happies and crappies from your week? 








3 comments:

  1. I would cry if Jillian Michaels was my trainer & not in a good way LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 20 seconds of insane courage quote. That's so exciting that she tweeted you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Diana! I am so proud of you for going after your goals and being such a positive inspiration to those around you. I love the "20 Seconds of Bravery" idea, and will definitely keep it in mind! I'm so excited that your birthday month is coming up, too! I also can't possibly believe I'm going to be 31 this year. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS