St. Patrick's Day Round Up

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more St. Patrick's Day recipes and crafts on Pinterest this year than ever before? Don't get me wrong, I am loving all of the ideas, but I can't remember the holiday being this celebrated online as much...but then again maybe I'm just following more DIY blogs now that I'm a blog assistant for East Coast Creative!

So, to jump in on the holiday fun I thought I would put together a little St. Patrick's Day round up, here are a few of my favorites...


For Christmas a few years ago I made peppermint oreos from a recipe that blogger Jamielyn posted on I Heart Nap Time, everyone loved them and wanted me to share the recipe. Homemade sandwich cookies can be time consuming to make, but the results are amazing, plus your family and friends will be really impressed. How adorable are these green velvet shamrock whoopie pies from Homemade by Holman? If it's a little late to make these this year, definitely Pin for next year! 


Since the holiday is already upon us, this DIY banner from Simple As That can work for other holidays like Easter, Independence Day, or even birthday parties. But, if you are looking for a quick, fun decor idea for your classroom or home for St. Patrick's Day (which is tomorrow), it probably wouldn't take too long to make this. 


Cake makes everything better, right? My step-daughters made the most amazing blue velvet cake for my birthday, and two minutes after I posted a photo of my cake on Facebook, I saw this green velvet cake on my news feed from Recipe Girl...how ironic is that?! Surprise your kids or significant other tomorrow with this delicious cake and see how shocked they are when they cut into it to see that it's green!


If you're lucky in love like I am, than this St. Patrick's Day striped shamrock printable from Lolly Jane will work for the holiday and can stay up year round. I've seen a few free printables on Pinterest with shamrocks, but this is one of my favorites. I also love this friendship printable over on Occasionally Crafty


If you love Shamrock Shakes, but would rather not worry about the calories, then check out this tasty little treat from A Night Owl Blog that is sugar free! I mean, if you're celebrating St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, you have to have a Shamrock Shake! 


Is this moss Shamrock not the coolest St. Patrick's Day wreath you've ever seen?! The trick is to take one of those tinsel shamrock wreaths that they sell in craft stores and remove the tinsel, glue on a paper backing, then glue on your moss, easy peasy! Stop by The House That Lars Built for the complete step by step tutorial. 


If your kids are celebrating St. Patrick's Day in school tomorrow, this little flower pot turned leprechaun hat DIY from Life in Wonderland would make a cute desk decoration for their classroom party. It's also a clever idea for a St. Patrick's Day themed wedding for place card holders.  

Do you decorate or bake something special for St. Patrick's Day?

Ah, I almost forgot to mention and show you the "Kiss Me" banner I won on Instagram from Dawn of Leroy Lime, check out her Etsy shop.


Thanks for stopping by today....Happy St. Patrick's Day! 




2 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Diana! Cool finds! I love the whoopie pies and will definitely be bookmarking them for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St Patrick's Day!! And you are right...for some reason there are so many recipes, DIY crafts..green everywhere on Pinterest this year!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS