Breaking Out of My Cooking Shell!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm usually not too adventurous when it comes to cooking and baking. Okay, so I did make those amazing peppermint sandwich cookies around Christmas time, but since then I really haven't made anything new. When it comes to dinner I usually just make the same thing, chicken or pork and two sides....how boring right! So, I still made chicken and two sides, but I decided to spice it up with a Campbell's soup recipe; Asian Chicken and Rice Bake. The recipe includes Campbell's golden mushroom soup, soy sauce, honey, garlic, cider vinegar, and paprika. The recipe says to pour the uncooked rice in the dish with the chicken, however there are comments on Campbell's recipe site that noted to cook the rice on the stove top instead. It turned out pretty good but it tasted a little bland, which I was surprised about since the recipe included so many great flavors. I usually make broccoli with dinner, but I have a new favorite vegetable thanks to my Florida bestie Casie who introduced me to Edamame! What are some of your favorite chicken recipes, would love to try something new?



I also tried a new cookie recipe tonight for my women's group picnic meeting. I wanted to bake something really fun, but I didn't get around to making the cookies until tonight and needed something quick. Luckily I found a three ingredient recipe that didn't include any butter, flour, or egg...just what I was looking for! I present to you Banana Oatmeal Cookies...the two main ingredients of course are oats and bananas, and the third being anything extra you have in your pantry; chocolate chips, walnuts, or Hershey's Heath Toffee bits!



I tried to up the recipe with a 1/2 cup more oats than it called for and three instead of two bananas, but I think the third banana may have been too much. No one mentioned anything about them at the picnic like they had the peppermint cookies at the Christmas party, so I'm pretty sure they weren't a crowd favorite! Better lucky next time. Do you have any quick cookie recipes up your sleeve?



3 comments:

  1. Yum, banana oatmeal cookies sound delicious to me! I'm also a huge fan of edamame. I love eating it with sushi, which I also love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!!!! Keep up the good work with cooking and baking. It's much easier than it sounds, and don't worry if you mess up. I have been doing it soooo long and I still have days that nothing comes up right...lol ...oh well....there is always another time and a better recipe.
    How have you been...I am so busy with work, blog, grandkids...etc; busy but Thank God healthy. Hopefully all is well with you and your family. SG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie! Glad that you're enjoying your cooking adventures! I hope you had a great summer! Must catch up!

    Hugs! Reese
    Reese Carrozzini Studio

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS