Thanksgiving...What am I thankful for? As a whole, I believe this country and others take being thankful for granted. Sometimes we think of others and how thankful we are for them and we think of how thankful we are for being alive. However, most of the time we think like this is around the holidays, at the birth of a child, or the death of a loved one. We don't react until something happens. Every day should be Thanksgiving, not because of the food of coarse, but for giving thanks. I am thankful to be alive and for having a wonderful family that includes my boyfriend, his children, and our extended families. I am also thankful for our wonderful friends who make us feel like family. I am thankful for being an American and to have the freedom to vote. I am thankful for being a woman, a girlfriend, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am thankful for being me and being who I am.
I am thankful to have the freedom to stand up and use my voice. To say, "Hey, I am not being treated fairly". I have used my voice and have used it proudly. And I am thankful every day to be able to do so. I am thankful every day that I don't have to hide who I am or hide my face because I am not a man. I am thankful that the men in my life have respect for women and the woman I am.
Be thankful for who you are, who you have in your life, and what you have in your life. Be thankful every day. Don't wait because life doesn't wait for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment